not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Terry Pullinger on the Royal Mail Share Price..

05 Oct 2018, 13:10

Commenting on this story, CWUs Deputy General Secretary (Postal), Terry Pullinger, said:

“We never agreed with the privatisation of Royal Mail or the ‘free’ shares that were given to our members.

These schemes are considered a good idea based on the theory that they give workers a say in the running of the organisation and a personal interest in its success.

When workers have absolutely no say in advanced predictions on profit – which may well be overly – optimistic, the share is worth less the moment reality kicks in.

Figures lie and liars figure and this is yet another demonstration of the fact that our people’s post is under constant threat.

The service is judged by share price and unrealistic targets when its success should be measured by the delivery of first-class connectivity and service to the communities and business of this country.

It’s high time that we ended the privatisation agenda and renationalised the service, taking the focus away from profiteering and back to a publicly owned postal service that is the envy of the world.”

05 Oct 2018, 16:39

... so he doesn't actually talk about the share price, just re-iterates his dogma.

Keep that head firmly in the sand Terry or put your fingers in your ears and shout 'lalalalalala not listening'.

05 Oct 2018, 22:47

Terry will be in his bed tomorrow morning,
When all the postman go to work and have to go to the place he would love all our family members to work lol
Very good Terry

06 Oct 2018, 08:43

This union is an absolute joke,us postie's knew this would happen,for 4/5 years harping on about what a good deal we got,to make things worse we are constantly pressured to do extra work and work our time,that's it for me now had enough of the weak union and this lying company,I'm officially on a go slow now see how they like being took the Micky out of

06 Oct 2018, 09:07

Well said bud

06 Oct 2018, 18:05

OK the SP is down now. So the guy whose meant to represent us ,the workers ,wants to renationalise and take the free shares away? Depriving us of whatever price you want to cash in on, whether now at a low price or maybe in a few months or years when you should get more. What makes him (and others) think a cash strapped heavily debted govt would be able to afford pay rises? Tell you something, I've had better pay rises over the last 5 yrs than my wife in the NHS. This is now a very very different business to the one it was when we were making a loss for the govt, so can't see how they'd miraculously turn it around...... maybe they'd push an overturning of the USO coz that's the only way they'd do it. If Corbyn gets in and has his way, we're screwed. Compare your pay packet now to 6 yrs ago and factor in the dividends you've received along the way.

06 Oct 2018, 18:41

Can we spend the next few months of subs on a legal investigation into RM?

06 Oct 2018, 21:00

Spedley wrote:Can we spend the next few months of subs on a legal investigation into RM?

Well said because the way I see it they have manipulated the share price to their own ends and at the expense of us! This should be investigated and someone needs to answer for it.

06 Oct 2018, 21:52

rambo1 wrote:OK the SP is down now. So the guy whose meant to represent us ,the workers ,wants to renationalise and take the free shares away? Depriving us of whatever price you want to cash in on, whether now at a low price or maybe in a few months or years when you should get more. What makes him (and others) think a cash strapped heavily debted govt would be able to afford pay rises? Tell you something, I've had better pay rises over the last 5 yrs than my wife in the NHS. This is now a very very different business to the one it was when we were making a loss for the govt, so can't see how they'd miraculously turn it around...... maybe they'd push an overturning of the USO coz that's the only way they'd do it. If Corbyn gets in and has his way, we're screwed. Compare your pay packet now to 6 yrs ago and factor in the dividends you've received along the way.

Look long term not short. As it stands Royal mail will be stripped to the core for profit. £1bn has been paid out to shareholders in 5 years!! If things stay how they are in 10 years time we will all look back at the free shares and think they weren’t worth it after all because they were the start of the job going to the dogs

06 Oct 2018, 22:13

olilew wrote:
Spedley wrote:Can we spend the next few months of subs on a legal investigation into RM?

Well said because the way I see it they have manipulated the share price to their own ends and at the expense of us! This should be investigated and someone needs to answer for it.

Not sure how they 'manipulated the share price' , they put out a trading statement. If they had not done that, the bad news would still have come out shortly anyway in the interim statement. More to the point I believe if they had withheld the information they would have been contravening market rules....

The first line of the announcement reads;-

'This announcement contains inside information for the purpose of Article 7 of the Market Abuse Regulation (EU) No 596/2014.'

09 Oct 2018, 21:22

number one wrote:
rambo1 wrote:OK the SP is down now. So the guy whose meant to represent us ,the workers ,wants to renationalise and take the free shares away? Depriving us of whatever price you want to cash in on, whether now at a low price or maybe in a few months or years when you should get more. What makes him (and others) think a cash strapped heavily debted govt would be able to afford pay rises? Tell you something, I've had better pay rises over the last 5 yrs than my wife in the NHS. This is now a very very different business to the one it was when we were making a loss for the govt, so can't see how they'd miraculously turn it around...... maybe they'd push an overturning of the USO coz that's the only way they'd do it. If Corbyn gets in and has his way, we're screwed. Compare your pay packet now to 6 yrs ago and factor in the dividends you've received along the way.

Look long term not short. As it stands Royal mail will be stripped to the core for profit. £1bn has been paid out to shareholders in 5 years!! If things stay how they are in 10 years time we will all look back at the free shares and think they weren’t worth it after all because they were the start of the job going to the dogs

And what makes you think a cash strapped government wouldn't have squeezed us to the limit and worked us to the bone?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1