not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Helping partner

12 Sep 2018, 21:07

Brought mail back twice last week and again today as have to pick kids from School,Dom says I’m too slow but I am always waiting for partner in loop but Dom says I should help him finish if he’s struggling? But should we if he’s constantly behind me on loop also he’s paid the same so why should I do his work? What is official line on this should you wait or help?

Helping partner

12 Sep 2018, 21:22

matthew68 wrote:Brought mail back twice last week and again today as have to pick kids from School,Dom says I’m too slow but I am always waiting for partner in loop but Dom says I should help him finish if he’s struggling? But should we if he’s constantly behind me on loop also he’s paid the same so why should I do his work? What is official line on this should you wait or help?

The official stance on it is that you should be helping him finish the loops. RM want all hours paid for worked.

Helping partner

12 Sep 2018, 21:34

The Postman wrote:
matthew68 wrote:Brought mail back twice last week and again today as have to pick kids from School,Dom says I’m too slow but I am always waiting for partner in loop but Dom says I should help him finish if he’s struggling? But should we if he’s constantly behind me on loop also he’s paid the same so why should I do his work? What is official line on this should you wait or help?

The official stance on it is that you should be helping him finish the loops. RM want all hours paid for worked.

Really! Why should you do more work than partner who’s paid the same? If they are too slow Dom needs to sort them out not expect partner to,help them,this should be addressed by union as nothing seems official and also highly unfair

Helping partner

12 Sep 2018, 22:22

matthew68 wrote:
The Postman wrote:

Really! Why should you do more work than partner who’s paid the same? If they are too slow Dom needs to sort them out not expect partner to,help them,this should be addressed by union as nothing seems official and also highly unfair
who said they are slow

Helping partner

12 Sep 2018, 22:28

There loops could be bigger or have more packets etc .
Why be so negative,
Were all here to work the same hrs .
Give them a hand they probly do the same if they Finnish some loops before you.

Helping partner

13 Sep 2018, 05:48

matthew68 wrote:Really! Why should you do more work than partner who’s paid the same? If they are too slow Dom needs to sort them out not expect partner to,help them,this should be addressed by union as nothing seems official and also highly unfair

It actually has been addressed by the union in the part of the agreement that talks about working all your paid hours.
There isn't anything in any agreement that says you can stand about waiting for your partner because you think he is too slow.
The DOM doesn't need to sort him/her out.
If you are continually finishing before your partner then maybe your loops need to be made a bit bigger and his/hers a little smaller.

Thank God I have never had to work with a "partner" like you.

Helping partner

13 Sep 2018, 11:43

clashcityrocker wrote:
matthew68 wrote:Really! Why should you do more work than partner who’s paid the same? If they are too slow Dom needs to sort them out not expect partner to,help them,this should be addressed by union as nothing seems official and also highly unfair

It actually has been addressed by the union in the part of the agreement that talks about working all your paid hours.
There isn't anything in any agreement that says you can stand about waiting for your partner because you think he is too slow.
If you are continually finishing before your partner then maybe your loops need to be made a bit bigger and his/hers a little smaller.

Well said. It`s sad when someone thinks like matthew... Really sad.

Helping partner

13 Sep 2018, 13:44

matthew68 wrote:
The Postman wrote:

You’re a piece of work tbh

Helping partner

13 Sep 2018, 14:27

What about when pulling your walk out see if you can take a bit off your partner? Or take a few packets off him? :hmmmm

Helping partner

13 Sep 2018, 14:28

Janet Brum wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:

what do you know? I have helped him loads of time and changed loops to do his but it’s still the same! Dom hates me cutting off and seems to put blame on me but my partner is a lot slower at getting round and he can’t change me! I need to get to school and partner is aware but has never helped me the rare occasion that he does finish before me on loop! As for packets mine are the same if not more than his,everyone is different I understand that but because I have cut off Dom gives me all the blame! I’m knackered like everyone else but now fed up,of having to do more work just to finish on time! He’s also on more hours than me as. Well!

Helping partner

13 Sep 2018, 14:31

Yamr1 wrote:There loops could be bigger or have more packets etc .
Why be so negative,
Were all here to work the same hrs .
Give them a hand they probly do the same if they Finnish some loops before you.

He’s never helped me despite one of loops clearly in his favour! And he has finished this before me a number of times!

Helping partner

13 Sep 2018, 14:32

clashcityrocker wrote:

The feeling is mutual

Helping partner

13 Sep 2018, 17:04

i think Dom should change you both maybe you just too quick on your feet not everyone is. I also had this problem and some people do go slow that’s life! Just follow procedure as I agree it’s unfair to keep having to help. My old partner simply refused to let me help saying they were his customers not mine lol! So I just sat in van for about 10 mins onn 5 loops then just claimed it! Easy money!!
I

Helping partner

13 Sep 2018, 17:22

matthew68 wrote:
Janet Brum wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:

what do you know? I have helped him loads of time and changed loops to do his but it’s still the same! Dom hates me cutting off and seems to put blame on me but my partner is a lot slower at getting round and he can’t change me! I need to get to school and partner is aware but has never helped me the rare occasion that he does finish before me on loop! As for packets mine are the same if not more than his,everyone is different I understand that but because I have cut off Dom gives me all the blame! I’m knackered like everyone else but now fed up,of having to do more work just to finish on time! He’s also on more hours than me as. Well!

It’s common sense, someone’s always going to have more work than the other, no two bags are the same. I spoke to one of the planners recently and he says driver loops are designed to be smaller to take in account of any oversize, when your not doing oversize you should be helping your partner and vice versa. Maybe take the initiative and help him finish the loops then hopefully he’ll do the same. If you don’t want to help him, how can you moan about not getting done in time? If you need to be done in time use the cutting off procedure, however pda actuals will show when you’ve been waiting around so just be careful you don't get done for wilfull delay.

Helping partner

13 Sep 2018, 17:54

The Postman wrote:
matthew68 wrote:
Janet Brum wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:

It’s common sense, someone’s always going to have more work than the other, no two bags are the same. I spoke to one of the planners recently and he says driver loops are designed to be smaller to take in account of any oversize, when your not doing oversize you should be helping your partner and vice versa. Maybe take the initiative and help him finish the loops then hopefully he’ll do the same. If you don’t want to help him, how can you moan about not getting done in time? If you need to be done in time use the cutting off procedure, however pda actuals will show when you’ve been waiting around so just be careful you don't get done for wilfull delay.
pda actual should show his partner walking slower then? If you don’t want to help just walk slower and try neighbors with parcels that will slow you down then just tell Dom before going out you can complete

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2