not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

20 days till 1 HR reduction and we all know nothing

11 Sep 2018, 16:35

What a f**k up this is what are yous guys thinking.
Last edited by Yamr1 on 11 Sep 2018, 17:42, edited 5 times in total.

20 days till 1 HR reduction and we all no nothing

11 Sep 2018, 16:40

I think you are confusing you don't have a clue with we all know nothing.
I know what is happening.

11 Sep 2018, 16:54

I know that in Oct I will be getting to work 12 minutes later and finishing at the same time as I finish now unless I feel like doing some overtime.

11 Sep 2018, 17:01

Yip lol

11 Sep 2018, 19:48

It looked good at the time and on paper, BUT there are too many problems

11 Sep 2018, 20:42

What are the problems?

11 Sep 2018, 20:46

i'll be on holiday so i hope the DOM tells me what time to start when i come back

11 Sep 2018, 20:49

No problem at all, at our place we've got a list of the new start times on different days for the full timers attendances to drop to 38 hrs per week, oh s**t hang on just realised no-ones explained how the same amount of work is going to get done in an hour less !

12 Sep 2018, 06:36

I get a pay rise :nana :nana :nana

12 Sep 2018, 07:18

We've heard nothing
Heard rumours Union want us to Finnish 12 minute's early not at the same time as now .
f**k doing same work in the same time .
More mail will be getting left .

12 Sep 2018, 14:48

We'll some of us know everything

Have been told exactly what is happening and when
Last edited by dandydon on 13 Sep 2018, 14:52, edited 2 times in total.

12 Sep 2018, 14:55

If you haven't been told already it will more than likely be twelve minutes later starting time every day. That is the default option. You may be in an area where the area rep is pushing to have time taken off the end of the duty. RM isn't having that so then there will be a delay at your office until RM pushes it through
On the subject of less time to do the same or more work I agree that is the obvious result and the CWU haven't really explained that part of their pet project. RM will add more hours into DOs etc to cover or help cover the shortfall. I think we will be getting an additional one hour early IPS SA for one person. Larger DOs would obviously get more hours per day.
Last edited by Celgar on 12 Sep 2018, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

12 Sep 2018, 14:57

ted_e_bear wrote: oh s**t hang on just realised no-ones explained how the same amount of work is going to get done in an hour less !

You have a model week.
The rep sits down with the DOM and they look at what the forecasted workload is and what the available resources are.
When there are insufficient indoor resources then you "flex up" and additional resources are added to the indoor workload.
If the problem is the outdoor workload then you have the option of claiming overtime or following the overrunning delivery procedure - commonly known as cutting off.
None of it is rocket engineering.

12 Sep 2018, 15:04

clashcityrocker wrote:
ted_e_bear wrote: oh s**t hang on just realised no-ones explained how the same amount of work is going to get done in an hour less !

You have a model week.
The rep sits down with the DOM and they look at what the forecasted workload is and what the available resources are.
When there are insufficient indoor resources then you "flex up" and additional resources are added to the indoor workload.
If the problem is the outdoor workload then you have the option of claiming overtime or following the overrunning delivery procedure - commonly known as cutting off.
None of it is rocket engineering.

'Flex up'. We don't have that in our DO but I have heard it mentioned before. Is that where you do work unpaid and then get paid extra at a later date??

12 Sep 2018, 15:52

gary1975 wrote:I get a pay rise :nana :nana :nana

Allegedly, PT staff only get their pay rise when the FT staff in the same depot start their shorter working week... So a delayed pay increase for PT staff who work in a depot/area where the union have gone to disagreement about how the first hour is removed for FT staff.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2