not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Post injury working.

10 Sep 2018, 17:36

Recently I was off with a serious knee injury. Since returning to work these past few weeks I've coped alright with driving and rural duties but have struggled/felt pain when doing jobs which involve longer periods of constant walking.
Would it be a reasonable expectation to be kept off of the walks causing me pain?

Post injury working.

10 Sep 2018, 17:49

Dayman! wrote:Recently I was off with a serious knee injury. Since returning to work these past few weeks I've coped alright with driving and rural duties but have struggled/felt pain when doing jobs which involve longer periods of constant walking.
Would it be a reasonable expectation to be kept off of the walks causing me pain?

Request an OH Assist referral.

Post injury working.

11 Sep 2018, 10:32

rehabron wrote:
Dayman! wrote:Recently I was off with a serious knee injury. Since returning to work these past few weeks I've coped alright with driving and rural duties but have struggled/felt pain when doing jobs which involve longer periods of constant walking.

Thanks for the reply, not really sure what that entails.
I hope to get back to full fitness eventually. Just curious if this would be a reasonable request during that process.

Post injury working.

11 Sep 2018, 10:50

Ask your Dom for a oh assist referral , you will need it especially after a serious knee injury. Because you will definitely need a rehab plan. You will need this because you don't want to go back and do full hours straight away. You will need a gradual increase of hours. That's what oh assist is for.

Post injury working.

11 Sep 2018, 11:44

I've been doing full hours since being back and am only having issues with that certain type of walk as a reserve.

Post injury working.

11 Sep 2018, 12:03

Dayman! wrote:
rehabron wrote:

Thanks for the reply, not really sure what that entails.
I hope to get back to full fitness eventually. Just curious if this would be a reasonable request during that process.

On your reply it indicates to me that while you were absent with your serious knee injury and during the length of absence your manager never at any time asked for your consent to be referred to OH Assist which is RM designated occupational health provider for recommendations or a rehabilitation programme to assist in your return to work.
I am assuming that your driving duties in rural areas is a substitute rehabilitation plan set up by HR or your line manger and you can correct me if I have got this wrong.
You can advise your manager that currently duties that you are being listed for which includes constant walking is having an adverse effect on your knee condition and prolonging your return to full fitness with the possibilty of incurring a further absence.
Your request is not unreasonable if you are struggling in the walking content and if no joy from the manager on your request then as per my original reply request an OH Assist referral.
You can also arrange for an appointment with your GP explaining your circumstances on the type of work your employer has been given after your knee injury and get a " fit note" qualifying any adjustments that have to be made to assist your progress. You will find that on receipt of the GP " fit note" your manager will request your consent to OH Assist for a second opinion.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1