not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Ongoing incorrect O/T payment

07 Sep 2018, 06:28

Hi all,

Out of the last 9 wage slips, 7 have been incorrect - with me being underpaid overtime. The DOMs promise for it to be sorted out in this weeks pay slip was broken, some of the owed OT was indeed paid, but some not. And this weeks OT was short as well.

Is this something the Union will get involved with? Or do I go to HR? About to write an email detailing my woes to the DOM after them 'personally sorting it all out' and want to know who I should copy in.

For info have only had the occasional similar issue up until this recent spell.

I am now at the end of my tether, this shouldn't be stressing me out but it really is.

Thank you

07 Sep 2018, 07:13

tell him or her that you aren't doing any more until you are paid all what you are owed , and if you dont get it paid next week , stick a grievance in against them , at the end of the day its your money that you have worked for , and because they have gone over there office weekly budget they will hold some o/t back . but that's not your fault . :thumbup

07 Sep 2018, 07:42

Thanks worktotime, I said last week it needed sorting or I wouldn't be doing any more to the DOM...seems like that threat needs actioning now. I don't even want any bloody O/T! But am part time so expected to go in half an hour early and stay out as needed.

07 Sep 2018, 08:21

Pyewacket wrote:Thanks worktotime, I said last week it needed sorting or I wouldn't be doing any more to the DOM...seems like that threat needs actioning now. I don't even want any bloody O/T! But am part time so expected to go in half an hour early and stay out as needed.

It doesn't matter if your part time of full time, tell your Dom to f**k off the next time he asks for you to work docket. Also CUT OFF every time your mail is shagged and don't let them out stress on you by the usual war cries of I've nobody else left to deliver, your putting me in a position, you sure your walking at a reasonable pace ect ect. Let them worry about what happens to the mail, that's what they get paid for. Just switch off from their jumpsuit and do your hours until you see the docket on the system for following week's payment. It's a joke what your need to jump through these days.

07 Sep 2018, 08:51

this is one reason why there should bring in clocking in machine then these failed , no balls dims cant decide who or what there going to pay from one week to the next , you clock off and your o/t would go straight to the pay department , and you get your money ,

07 Sep 2018, 10:03

worktotime wrote:this is one reason why there should bring in clocking in machine then these failed , no balls dims cant decide who or what there going to pay from one week to the next , you clock off and your o/t would go straight to the pay department , and you get your money ,

Why do people think clocking in machines are the answer to everything , if they are going to be so good at sorting all these issues out ,why haven't the union lobbied to bring them in before. Besides that , the hours still need inputting into the system , so that's no different.

07 Sep 2018, 10:36

rubberbond wrote:
worktotime wrote:this is one reason why there should bring in clocking in machine then these failed , no balls dims cant decide who or what there going to pay from one week to the next , you clock off and your o/t would go straight to the pay department , and you get your money ,

Why do people think clocking in machines are the answer to everything , if they are going to be so good at sorting all these issues out ,why haven't the union lobbied to bring them in before. Besides that , the hours still need inputting into the system , so that's no different.

Far too many offices are still doing job and finish. That's the main reason full-timers are so against it. Most don't claim everyday so payment never an issue. Whereas part-timers come in and have to argue the toss everyday to either get paid or work to time. Clocking in out would certainly help part-timers.

07 Sep 2018, 12:58

rubberbond wrote:

how many other jobs have you had where you sign a bit of paper when you go into work and when you finish ? which most people don't bother with anyway as some are walking out the door at least an hour before there time on pay , and why would the o/t need inputting in by a dim when you have a machine that you clock out the place , so if you've gone over your time you would get paid and not have to argue with them when your short ,

07 Sep 2018, 17:29

worktotime wrote:
rubberbond wrote:

how many other jobs have you had where you sign a bit of paper when you go into work and when you finish ? which most people don't bother with anyway as some are walking out the door at least an hour before there time on pay , and why would the o/t need inputting in by a dim when you have a machine that you clock out the place , so if you've gone over your time you would get paid and not have to argue with them when your short ,

1, about 20 years ago, machines were introduced in that workplace before I left and I was only there a few years. Shows how far behind some aspects of RM’s technology is. It’s a disgrace to be fair, too much room for fiddling the books.

10 Sep 2018, 17:38

DOM trying to screw your pay? Surely not.
Happens to me all the time. I had a word with my union rep and said basically im getting fed up of it.

22 Oct 2018, 09:25

Someone at my D.O told the management they wouldn't be doing any more O.T and suddenly got pulled up for mistakes that they make 6 weeks earlier .

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1