not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE


Resourcing

09 Aug 2018, 18:00

Been with Royal mail for 14 years, just come off my permanent round of 5 years for a change of scenery. So I'm back to being a reserve, which I don't mind. With regard's to the resourcing and allocation of duties by management and the union rep. Are the reserves still allowed to pick unallocated duties based on seniority? I have a lot of people below me, seems duties are allocated on favouritism by the union rep (who acts as de facto manager).

Resourcing

09 Aug 2018, 18:19

I remember from a previous post on here that an unallocated duty should go up for repick after 6 months, I think.

Resourcing

09 Aug 2018, 18:29

I mean week to week allocation of duties. Management and the union rep have a resourcing meeting once every week or 2 weeks. Permanent and floaters get their duties and whatever left over used to picked by the reserves based on seniority, is this still the case?

Resourcing

09 Aug 2018, 18:53

londonstars wrote:I mean week to week allocation of duties. Management and the union rep have a resourcing meeting once every week or 2 weeks. Permanent and floaters get their duties and whatever left over used to picked by the reserves based on seniority, is this still the case?

No. It would mean a person could use their seniority to ensure they got more than their fair share of Saturdays off.

Resourcing

09 Aug 2018, 19:05

My office does rest weeks i.e. 1 week off in 6. You can't get extra Saturdays off even if you tried.

Resourcing

10 Aug 2018, 08:57

If it’s an unallocated duty then the person who knows it is usually put on it. You could probably request to be put on a duty but with regards to using seniority for it I doubt it.

Resourcing

10 Aug 2018, 12:49

Seniority has always been the way to pick vacant duties as per national agreement, when 5% become vacant or six months has passed. As per usual national agreements are ignored or not known about. The way forward Aggreement 2000 for ref

Resourcing

10 Aug 2018, 13:43

deltaforce wrote:Seniority has always been the way to pick vacant duties as per national agreement, when 5% become vacant or six months has passed. As per usual national agreements are ignored or not known about. The way forward Aggreement 2000 for ref

But he isn't talking about vacant duties.
He is talking about how the reserves are allocated duties.

Resourcing

10 Aug 2018, 20:52

Duties are often ring-fenced for part-timers. Its not uncommon for a guy with over 15 years service working as a reserve whilst a part-timer that has juts walked through the door has netted themselves a nice cushy duty :dance

Resourcing

11 Aug 2018, 09:01

number one wrote:If it’s an unallocated duty then the person who knows it is usually put on it. You could probably request to be put on a duty but with regards to using seniority for it I doubt it.

This is the same as our unit, the reserve with the best knowledge would normally be put on it. Seniority should have no place when doing the duty rota.

Resourcing

14 Aug 2018, 13:05

Would usually be allocated by whoever does the duty rotas based on who is working each day and which duties those posties have been trained on or know how to deliver them. If you have posties that can't drive that would another factor to take into consideration.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1