ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Attendance review 1 prompt

07 Aug 2018, 15:43

The new attendance procedure states you would incur an attendance review 1 prompt (stage one - I think its commonly known as) after 4 absences or 14 days in a 12 month period.

For a part timer working a 3 day week, would it be the case that they would not receive the prompt until the 5th week of sick absence. Whereas a full timer (5 days) would incur on the 3rd week.

07 Aug 2018, 15:51

They count every day as sick from your first day sick until you return to work (including Sunday's). Not just the days your rota'd in.

07 Aug 2018, 16:08

Thanks for the reply. I was asked to accompany a colleague who works 3 days a week & we were unsure.

07 Aug 2018, 16:15

rogersh wrote:Thanks for the reply. I was asked to accompany a colleague who works 3 days a week & we were unsure.

To avoid this, colleagues can, if they are well enough, call in on a day they were not due to attend, and report that they are now fit for work.

This stops the clock on the sick days immediately.

Ps. Whether you work or not to make up the hours is voluntary there is no legal or contractual requirement to do so.

07 Aug 2018, 16:16

rogersh wrote:The new attendance procedure states you would incur an attendance review 1 prompt (stage one - I think its commonly known as) after 4 absences or 14 days in a 12 month period.

For a part timer working a 3 day week, would it be the case that they would not receive the prompt until the 5th week of sick absence. Whereas a full timer (5 days) would incur on the 3rd week.

Firstly the stage1 prompt if clear will be triggered after 4 absences or has been triggered when the total amount of days absent has exceeded 13 days.
As already stated although on a 3 day week it would depend on when you notified mangement on your return to work day to avoid the inclusion of Saturday/Sunday.
If you have left it to the last minute to inform them on what day you will be returning to work then the weekend will be included.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1