ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Returning to work after illness

05 Aug 2018, 17:16

I have been back at work doing rehab work. Last week I was put on a walk im familiar with to get me back to a full duty. When I had my "chat" about returning to work. I was told I had to go onto a five day week instead of my four day week. Mainly as I didn't want to work with the same guy as before as he was part of the cause of my illness. They said I could go onto a certain walk with a full time guy. This changed when an ex manager took the walk as part of a deal he made to sort parcels on the morning. This meant I was to be a float for one week. They then told me.. This Saturday as I left.. I'm on a new duty from now on... But I've just been told I'm being put elsewhere against my wishes and without being told. Do I just go back to my old.. Signed for walk... Or be pushed from pillar to pillar?

Returning to work after illness

07 Aug 2018, 15:52

dmyeo66 wrote:I have been back at work doing rehab work. Last week I was put on a walk im familiar with to get me back to a full duty. When I had my "chat" about returning to work. I was told I had to go onto a five day week instead of my four day week. Mainly as I didn't want to work with the same guy as before as he was part of the cause of my illness. They said I could go onto a certain walk with a full time guy. This changed when an ex manager took the walk as part of a deal he made to sort parcels on the morning. This meant I was to be a float for one week. They then told me.. This Saturday as I left.. I'm on a new duty from now on... But I've just been told I'm being put elsewhere against my wishes and without being told. Do I just go back to my old.. Signed for walk... Or be pushed from pillar to pillar?

My interpretation of this is if you have returned to work on reduced hours in a rehabilitation plan then they can place you to cover any duty.
You have stated that you wish to return to your old signed duty but does that not mean that you will be a partner to someone that you feel was part of the reason for your illness and RM has taken steps to avoid this and unforunately these steps are to move you.
Having been put elsewhere against your wishes and this is a return to full time hours thats when you now need to question your removal from your signed duty and request a written expalanation and get your union rep involved.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1