not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Refusing to work a shift because of no break cover ?

09 Jul 2018, 13:47

Just wondering what are my options for refusing to do a 8 hour shift
if a break is not implemented into the shift
IE late locker 1230-2015

I am not prepared to take a break at the beginning nor end of the shift ,am i entitled to a break halfway through or there about .

I am talking to the DOM about this soon ,but would like to know my legal options.

Thanks a lot

09 Jul 2018, 15:46

Will you be alone for the whole shift? Boss busy drinking coffee and looking busy elsewhere? Get the Dom to cover your break.

09 Jul 2018, 16:29

The law on breaks:

https://www.gov.uk/rest-breaks-work

Employers can say when employees take rest breaks during work time as long as:

the break is taken in one go somewhere in the middle of the day (not at the beginning or end)
workers are allowed to spend it away from their desk or workstation (ie away from where they actually work)
It doesn’t count as a rest break if an employer says an employee should go back to work before their break is finished.

09 Jul 2018, 22:53

Yes all on me tod on a Wednesday . Say 1645 halfway would be halfway through the shift.

Just me there, bosses ,staff all gone . Bosses normally gone by around 1500 ish.

10 Jul 2018, 07:07

inform your boss you will be closing the office for your break and ask what arrangements they would like to make

10 Jul 2018, 10:23

10 Jul 2018, 12:08

terry2972 wrote:inform your boss you will be closing the office for your break and ask what arrangements they would like to make

:nana

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1