not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Unpaid Leave

08 Jul 2018, 19:23

I may need a 5 days off for family reasons and know any holiday request will be declined. is there an option that I can ask for unpaid leave and can that also be refused ?

Unpaid Leave

08 Jul 2018, 19:30

hero22 wrote:I may need a 5 days off for family reasons and know any holiday request will be declined. is there an option that I can ask for unpaid leave and can that also be refused ?

Has this family reasons given you “stress”? Just go on the sick

Unpaid Leave

08 Jul 2018, 19:30

hero22 wrote:I may need a 5 days off for family reasons and know any holiday request will be declined. is there an option that I can ask for unpaid leave and can that also be refused ?

Yes in law it can be refused. If it's for a compassionate reason, or an emergency one it can also be refused, but generally isn't

Unpaid Leave

09 Jul 2018, 12:00

If you still have outstanding annual leave and give sufficient notice and due to the amount of lapsing at this time of the year I would still slap it in. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Failing that request unpaid leave giving enough information for the reasons you require this time off.
The managers booklet for " Other Time " off clearly states that your request will be treated sympathetically.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1