ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Ft vacancy

11 May 2018, 15:34

There is a ft annual leave cover vacancy that is available as a ft has left. I'm pt and no one has gone for it. Iv been told I can't as I'm part time, I can't understand if no one wants it why can't I go for it. The union rep said it has to be offered to the next senior person.....but no one has applied for it!!!! Please help me. I have applied for it as no no else has. The Doms happy for he to have it but she said the union rep will block it. Please advise

Ft vacancy

11 May 2018, 15:39

Get area rep involved.........

Ft vacancy

11 May 2018, 16:34

that's bullshit you have as much right as everybody to apply for the delivery and if you have applied for it and no one else has then it should be yours , contact your area rep and if the unit rep is blocking it and ask him why ?

Ft vacancy

11 May 2018, 16:48

Thankyou

Ft vacancy

11 May 2018, 16:51

Apply for it , if no full timer wants it your be in with a chance.

Ft vacancy

11 May 2018, 17:40

Union can block nothing it’s procedure. You should get it

Ft vacancy

11 May 2018, 17:44

Part time staff are not restricted for applying for FT duties and would be available to you once it has been offered in correct procedural order.

Ft vacancy

11 May 2018, 19:13

It's been advertised for a month, I didn't say anything because i presumed it had people going for it n I am so far down listit's only because I asked my colleague n he said no one wants it. He said your fully entitled to go for it. Well I literally got my application in 5 minutes before it closed, so by rights, it should be mine??

Ft vacancy

11 May 2018, 19:35

WallaceCat wrote:It's been advertised for a month, I didn't say anything because i presumed it had people going for it n I am so far down listit's only because I asked my colleague n he said no one wants it. He said your fully entitled to go for it. Well I literally got my application in 5 minutes before it closed, so by rights, it should be mine??

Past exeperience in this business applicants will keep their interest close to their chest and will advertise the fact that they have no interest in the vacancy but have already put their application in.
you are relying on second hand information from your colleague based on office gossip and this will come to light after the closing date for the position.
You have done the right thing by getting your application in on time and if your colleagues information is correct and there are no other applicants senior to yourself and on that basis the vacancy should be yours.
You can check with your union rep if the information you have received is correct and its now a matter of waiting for the result.
Good luck.

Ft vacancy

11 May 2018, 19:50

we have some full time duties up for signing but in brackets states no part timers are allowed to apply for full time duties, they will probably be snapped up by full timers anyway but for arguments sake, is that accurate ? are part timers not allowed to apply ?

Ft vacancy

11 May 2018, 20:06

rehabron wrote:
WallaceCat wrote:It's been advertised for a month, I didn't say anything because i presumed it had people going for it n I am so far down listit's only because I asked my colleague n he said no one wants it. He said your fully entitled to go for it. Well I literally got my application in 5 minutes before it closed, so by rights, it should be mine??

Past exeperience in this business applicants will keep their interest close to their chest and will advertise the fact that they have no interest in the vacancy but have already put their application in.
you are relying on second hand information from your colleague based on office gossip and this will come to light after the closing date for the position.
You have done the right thing by getting your application in on time and if your colleagues information is correct and there are no other applicants senior to yourself and on that basis the vacancy should be yours.
You can check with your union rep if the information you have received is correct and its now a matter of waiting for the result.
Good luck.

I don't trust my rep so I won't ask him, aalthough I do trust the Dom, n they have told me I'm the only one to apply. I mean something will happen where I don't get it because it's Royal Mail, lol. But I hope it happens, thanks for your advice

Ft vacancy

11 May 2018, 20:08

hero22 wrote:we have some full time duties up for signing but in brackets states no part timers are allowed to apply for full time duties, they will probably be snapped up by full timers anyway but for arguments sake, is that accurate ? are part timers not allowed to apply ?

Same thing really, full timers will get them but I think if no one goes for them then you can go for it. I'm sure there's an eu law stating you can't differentiate between part timers n full timers, but as its Royal Mail they seem to make it up as they go along

Ft vacancy

11 May 2018, 21:43

hero22 wrote:we have some full time duties up for signing but in brackets states no part timers are allowed to apply for full time duties, they will probably be snapped up by full timers anyway but for arguments sake, is that accurate ? are part timers not allowed to apply ?

It’s bollocks

Ft vacancy

12 May 2018, 08:57

I hope it works out for you if it's what you really want, but the pessimist in me would wonder why nobody else wants it?

Hope it's not a poison chalice, mate, but that's just me.... I'm a glass half empty kind of bloke, ha ha. Good luck, will be interested to hear the outcome.

Ft vacancy

13 May 2018, 09:21

Trust me if no other ft has applied for it then it probably has more shite in it then a portaloo at Glastonbury festival.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2