not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Prep rate

10 May 2018, 18:51

Discussion in the welfare room today was regarding prep rate. I'm adament there is only the infamous one minute prep test, but can't for the life of me remember a figure. However, there are a few colleagues being harrassed about their sort rate on mech and had a rep in the office backing the DOMs figures up.

I'm confused as I thought there was no rate. I'd imagine anywhere from 15-25 a minute is an acceptable rate depending on the conditions, which is manageable by most experienced staff, but the confusion here stems from the rep agreeing with the DOMS figures of 20 p/m minimum.

Effectively, they have had the traffic sheet stats used against them, which I'm sure the IWT/pareto thread was regarding. My only thought is it could be a new work plan due to recent agreements? :hmmmm

Prep rate

10 May 2018, 18:53

Exact same going on in our office. Things have got worse since the latest agreement and it won't be long until they make an example of someone.

Prep rate

10 May 2018, 18:59

bobthepostie wrote:Exact same going on in our office. Things have got worse since the latest agreement and it won't be long until they make an example of someone.

Yesterday the manager counted a colleagues mech and anothers this morning, then provided a time they should have the mech prepped basing it on 20 items(letters) per minute.

It is indeed worrying.

Prep rate

10 May 2018, 22:09

It's bullshit! My partner throws it in 5 days a week while I'm on IPS. I only throw it in once a week when he is on his rest day. How can they compare us? He is obviously going to be a lot quicker than me. With only one day a week practise I might not make the grade!

Prep rate

10 May 2018, 22:39

Valid points we were discussing.

I'm just concerned as most the information is rather dated with no official documents.

I did manage to find one however, and lots of posts stating what I originally thought.

Prep rate

11 May 2018, 15:21

There are no performance standards outside of the one minute test - which has never been updated since sequenced mail was introduced.
What there are, are resourcing standards.

These are "should take" targets and any normal business would ask why if it is taking longer.
There may be legitimate reasons - wrong sequencing, double slots, unfamiliarity - whatever.
Or it may be some people prefer to stand and talk about the football for 15/20 minutes before actually doing any work.

Prep rate

11 May 2018, 16:57

The last time we had the one minute test must have been at least fifteen years ago. I think you had to sort 20 letters per minute. But that was before met mail became pre sorted. IPS sorting was 20 also if I can remember that far back. I could be wrong.

Prep rate

11 May 2018, 19:49

Yes, I can't find much clarity on the issue. Shall file this one in the intimidation category.

Prep rate

15 Jun 2018, 18:48

Get rid of that rep, go above area to division.

Prep rate

15 Jun 2018, 19:37

I would say it's a better idea for every postie in an office to come in at start of duty time and not half an hour before. Always take all your break time every day either as directed or when you need it. These two principles will use up most if not all of any unworked duty time and keep them off your back. Doing a go slow on the sorting or indoor work or trying to avoid doing the IPS will just draw a load of unwanted attention.

Prep rate

18 Jun 2018, 18:37

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=37811

Prep rate

19 Jun 2018, 19:52

Management always upscale the 1 minute prep test to the FULL prep speed . Although double slot frames need a different speed altogether n

Prep rate

24 Jun 2018, 22:08

Alexei wrote:Discussion in the welfare room today was regarding prep rate. I'm adament there is only the infamous one minute prep test, but can't for the life of me remember a figure. However, there are a few colleagues being harrassed about their sort rate on mech and had a rep in the office backing the DOMs figures up.

I'm confused as I thought there was no rate. I'd imagine anywhere from 15-25 a minute is an acceptable rate depending on the conditions, which is manageable by most experienced staff, but the confusion here stems from the rep agreeing with the DOMS figures of 20 p/m minimum.

Effectively, they have had the traffic sheet stats used against them, which I'm sure the IWT/pareto thread was regarding. My only thought is it could be a new work plan due to recent agreements? :hmmmm

Two things here.
1 Your rep needs kicking out. If he doesn't know the agreements and is siding with the DOM he needs to go. You'd be better with no rep than this one.

2. The old Chestnut. 20 a minute for what? Is that from first letter to last letter? First letter to tied up? First letter to in the van? Does it include redirections? Deads? Clearing down? Going for Specials? van checks?

It's a load of crap. I tested this years ago when I was rep on a frame i knew very well. From first letter to being loaded and ready to leave the office was hard to get to 10 a min.

Prep rate

25 Jun 2018, 13:10

The IWT is a planning tool for use by managers and reps.

It is NOT a performance measure, and if a rep is saying it is then he is a tool that can't use a tool.

Prep rate

25 Jun 2018, 18:15

We have been told the prep rate for sequenced mail is 40 letters per minute in our office.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2