not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Ill health retirement at 23

10 May 2018, 10:25

:shock: hi I’ve been put forward for ihr at the age of 23 due to my bipolar and anxiety, I would just like to know what happens next etc I’m 23 been on and off with rm since 2014 but started back on 25 hours in September 2015 I’ve had two phone interviews with oh and have now been refers for a phone interview with a oh doctors for next week I have no idea why or what it’s for now if someone could shed some light on to what happens now as my Dom is absolutely rubbish , also what would the formula be for ihr in my circumstances thank you , also is there anything I need too know or be armed with thanks again x

10 May 2018, 15:26

Your best bet if your in the Union is to contact the Equalities Rep at your Branch HQ. They are trained in this sort of thing, and just a read of your post makes me think that it could be quite complicated. Also I seem to remember that the recent pay deal may have an effect on IHR, not the process but the payments. I may be wrong there but best to talk to the experts.

10 May 2018, 16:39

I looked in to ihr and it doesn't seem clear cut anymore, definitely get in touch with the union.

11 May 2018, 12:23

Lynethb31 wrote::shock: hi I’ve been put forward for ihr at the age of 23 due to my bipolar and anxiety, I would just like to know what happens next etc I’m 23 been on and off with rm since 2014 but started back on 25 hours in September 2015 I’ve had two phone interviews with oh and have now been refers for a phone interview with a oh doctors for next week I have no idea why or what it’s for now if someone could shed some light on to what happens now as my Dom is absolutely rubbish , also what would the formula be for ihr in my circumstances thank you , also is there anything I need too know or be armed with thanks again x

You have not stated in your post the frequency of absences with bipolar and have incurred any stage review prompts due to these absences.
It is possible that you have received stage review prompts for your condition but have been discounted due to bipolar being a mental impairment and has had a substabtial and long term effect on your wellbeing and comes under the umbrella of the Equalties Act 2010.
Having been put forward for IHR the business is processing your condition with their occupational heal provider OH Assist to have this sunstatiated before approving you for IHR hence the phone calls to OH doctors and confirmation of your health condition but would have thought a face to face interview would have been more applicable than a 20 minute telephone interview.
I am also assuming that since 2015 there has been several GP medical fit notes confirming your condition.
Due to the amount of time on and off with RM they are cutting their losses and are speeding up the process for rubber stamping for IHR.
The new agreement does not allow IHR with immediate pension but you at your age would not be considered anyway.
Standard IHR is 34 wks @ basic rate + PILON ( Payment in Lieu of Notice ) + outstanding annual leave entitlement.
If a union member your area CWU rep would direct you to the Equalities Officer who should be up to date on present legislation.

11 May 2018, 13:38

Thank you for your replies , yes they have had fit notes I would of thought I would of had a face too face also I have received a letter this morning stating

“ in my clinical opinion miss Wilcox is not fit to work and there is currently no foreseeable return to work date “

“ in my opinion miss Wilcox is covered by the equality act 2010”

“ I have discussed the future with her and she is happy to be referred to an occupational physician for consideration of LTBIH’

What is LTBIH

And I will get onto the union

12 May 2018, 05:08

You can appeal an IHR if it is forced on you by going back to your doctor and getting written advice. If they sack you and you do not agree, i would take them to an Employment tribunal over discrimination

12 May 2018, 05:36

What is LTBIH

Leaving the business:Ill health.

13 May 2018, 21:45

Do not use your real name on this forum.

16 May 2018, 23:07

Sorry for that , anyway I have been retired on the grounds of I’ll health by royal mails doctor so what happens now I have messaged my Dom and he’s read my message and not replied , he knows I hate phone calls so I’m pretty sure now he knows the doctor has said I’m LTBIH my Dom will become more of an arse then he already is

17 May 2018, 05:48

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... ng#p741778

Are you the same lady as above?
It looks to me like you don`t like this job much, just the benefits...

18 May 2018, 21:24

I think it's a bit harsh to be "Ill health" retired at such a young age! Especially when it's covered under the equal opportunities act.

18 May 2018, 22:03

Janet Brum wrote:https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=75955&p=741778&hilit=lyneth+expecting#p741778

Are you the same lady as above?
It looks to me like you don`t like this job much, just the benefits...

Just looked at your link janet brum could'nt agree more.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1