ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

35 hrs oart time/full time

10 Mar 2018, 17:50

Currently i gave 35 hr contract.Im still classed as part time not full.When the full timers hrs go down from 39 ,will they be part time.Also do new starteres who start on 35 hrs get classed as full time or part time.

35 hrs part time/full time

10 Mar 2018, 17:52

So how do we get classed as full time and what is the difference between part time and full time

10 Mar 2018, 18:26

In that contract your basically going to be full time with the reductions in the working week, anybody that gets made up to full time in the future it will be for 35hrs

35 hrs part time/full time

10 Mar 2018, 20:03

wazer wrote:So how do we get classed as full time and what is the difference between part time and full time

The difference is, if you're part-time you get to hear and read the words 'pro rata', like, a lot. :thumbup

10 Mar 2018, 20:26

From Gov.uk
A part-time worker is someone who works fewer hours than a full-time worker. There is no specific number of hours that makes someone full or part-time, but a full-time worker will usually work 35 hours or more a week.

Acas state;

Part-time work is when a worker is contracted for anything less than the basic full-time hours. There are no set number of hours that makes someone full or part-time.

So I assume 35 will eventually be the basic & any hours below 35 will be deemed part-time

11 Mar 2018, 11:35

So does that mean,that all 35 hrs contract( when they move from full time hrs) in future will become "pro rata".Surley u cannot have two different contracts on 35 hrs,one full time one, part time.

11 Mar 2018, 13:39

wazer wrote:So does that mean,that all 35 hrs contract( when they move from full time hrs) in future will become "pro rata".Surley u cannot have two different contracts on 35 hrs,one full time one, part time.

No, everyone doing 35 hours (whether under an FT or PT contract), will be on a FT 35 hour contract when that point is reached for all FT.

Any new starters on an FT contract will not receive anything different to anyone serving a PT contract of 35 hours. The only difference in the contract is the wording. Pay, bonuses, leave etc will be the same for both.

Why, because anything else is illegal.

11 Mar 2018, 13:55

Sorry ,i dont understand what you saying.So if all hrs become 35hrs ,pro rata stays or goes.

11 Mar 2018, 14:03

wazer wrote:Sorry ,i dont understand what you saying.So if all hrs become 35hrs ,pro rata stays or goes.

Not all hours/contracts are going to be 35 hours so yes Pro-rata stays.

Pro-rata will remain as there will still be people on less than 35 hours.

Pro-rata will remain for everyone on 35 hours until ALL FTs are on 35 hours.

When all FT are on 35 hours the PT 35 hours will for simplicity sakes be on 100% pro rata.

11 Mar 2018, 18:34

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
wazer wrote:Sorry ,i dont understand what you saying.So if all hrs become 35hrs ,pro rata stays or goes.

Not all hours/contracts are going to be 35 hours so yes Pro-rata stays.

Pro-rata will remain as there will still be people on less than 35 hours.

Pro-rata will remain for everyone on 35 hours until ALL FTs are on 35 hours.

When all FT are on 35 hours the PT 35 hours will for simplicity sakes be on 100% pro rata.

Surely 35 hours will become the "new" 39 . So 35 will be the basic full time hours. So anyone on a 35 hour contract now will automatically be full time & the contract would be changed accordingly.

12 Mar 2018, 15:54

Correct, and I stated that in my first response to him, but he didn't understand my explanation so I changed tack. That seems to have worked,.

12 Mar 2018, 16:44

TBT After my post I did read your initial response again & it was clear.
But when you stated "When all FT are on 35 hours the PT 35 hours will for simplicity sakes be on 100% pro rata."
I was confused with what you meant, as it implied to me that PT 35 hours will still be PT.

13 Mar 2018, 21:00

Is it not the case that if current full time staff eventually get down to officially working 35 hours per week they will still be paid as if they were (Likely will still be doing.....) working 40 hours ???

15 Mar 2018, 21:11

Can anybody explain what section 13 , last paragraph on the CWU booklet sent out with ballet papers means.Do we all become full time (35)in Oct, not pt.If does that mean pro rata changes.

15 Mar 2018, 22:47

I can only surmise the new employees from 2018 will be employed a maximum of 35 hours when current full timers on 39 hours will reduce to 38 hours. So 35 hours will still be part-time - the example of single rate overtime until the total hours align to that of our current full time contracted employees would indicate this.

However it does say new full time employees from 2018.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2