not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Holiday pay for PTers in new agreement

08 Mar 2018, 20:36

Just watched the CWU Facebook Q&A video where Terry Pullinger stated something along the lines of "there is something in place for a variation in contract to ensure PTers are paid in line with their regular hours when on holiday and that can be other work done not related to their duty". He then mentioned it would be agreed locally. More like "ignored locally" I bet. Can anyone shed any light on this(ie what the procedure is to claim it)? Or is it just another promise which won't be kept to get PTers to vote yes?

08 Mar 2018, 21:02

It's about 13 minutes from the end if anyone is interested.

08 Mar 2018, 22:07

Why would it be agreed...locally??

08 Mar 2018, 22:46

POSTMAN wrote:Why would it be agreed...locally??

Why has it not been given more promotion? It’s a pretty big deal to part timers. Did I hear it right?

08 Mar 2018, 23:05

Yes I watched it basically if you work in delivery and you do a shift in the mail centre or a hub of such all your hour's would become one as a whole duty and as such you would receive the recommended holiday pay for doing all those hours as a combined duty of the two so say you did 24 hours in delivery and 15 in the mail center which would be 39 hours you should get the same as a full time 39 hour contract!

09 Mar 2018, 06:18

Exactly. This is a farce. The main reason I’m voting no.
Luckily I’m full time now but I’m not being complicit in royal mails attitude to part timers it’s disgusting

09 Mar 2018, 07:55

k979aaa wrote:Yes I watched it basically if you work in delivery and you do a shift in the mail centre or a hub of such all your hour's would become one as a whole duty and as such you would receive the recommended holiday pay for doing all those hours as a combined duty of the two so say you did 24 hours in delivery and 15 in the mail center which would be 39 hours you should get the same as a full time 39 hour contract!

Apologies if I'm being thick, but this is a genuine question. How common is it for someone in delivery to also do a shift in a mail centre?

Is working in another hub the only way this can be "agreed locally"?

Again I'm scratching my head, wondering if I am just thick or whether everything in RM, apart from the actual shoving bits of paper through holes, is just unecessarily convoluted.

09 Mar 2018, 18:32

Creditshampoo wrote:

Exactly. This is a farce. The main reason I’m voting no.
Luckily I’m full time now but I’m not being complicit in royal mails attitude to part timers it’s disgusting

Could it be that CWU are complicit with RMs policy of keeping as many employees in the dark as possible? How to confuse an issue which should be automatically introduced through payroll. Holiday pay based on previous 12 weeks/ 6 months / 12 months.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1