not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Trial period

06 Mar 2018, 18:23

Is there a maximum time period that the trial period for postmen/ women can go on (I’m currently on trial for +9 months and it’s unclear when it will end).

Is the salary rate increase advertised for working more than +6 months given when the trial ends? (The ad mentions for satisfactory performance so just wondered if this means the end of the trial). Thanks.

Trial period

06 Mar 2018, 18:31

Have you been told you are on trial all this time, or is it just that no one has told you that you are doing ok and have passed the trial? From experience no one says anything about how you are doing unless you are making big mistakes!

You should have got a pay rise after six months, it would be six months to the day that you started - so it comes through looking like a normal pay slip but with a bit more than before.

Trial period

06 Mar 2018, 18:55

Postmanpat6312 wrote:Is there a maximum time period that the trial period for postmen/ women can go on (I’m currently on trial for +9 months and it’s unclear when it will end).

Is the salary rate increase advertised for working more than +6 months given when the trial ends? (The ad mentions for satisfactory performance so just wondered if this means the end of the trial). Thanks.

If you’ve gone by 6 months your off trial.

Trial period

10 Oct 2018, 15:24

Hi I’ve been at my branch 4 months now so after 6 months I’m classed as permanent I’ve had no major issues and my hours increased from 30 hours to 32 and a half per week !! Seems only info I ever get is on these sites thanks

Trial period

10 Oct 2018, 19:45

Could someone shed any light on my above comment please!! Thanks in advance

Trial period

11 Oct 2018, 11:52

Smith1212 wrote:Hi I’ve been at my branch 4 months now so after 6 months I’m classed as permanent I’ve had no major issues and my hours increased from 30 hours to 32 and a half per week !! Seems only info I ever get is on these sites thanks

Smith1212 wrote:Could someone shed any light on my above comment please!! Thanks in advance

I would but I am not sure what you are asking about, or if you are.

Unless its the contract thingy. You are permanent from the moment the contract starts (as long as it is a permanent contract of course), the probation period is a standard part of most permanent contracts in most fields of work, its to give both you and the business an out if it doesn't work out.

I have not yet known anyone to fail the probation, being extended because of sickness is fairly common, but being released is very rare.

Trial period

11 Oct 2018, 14:36

Thanks for the help much appreciated

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1