not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE


Indoor jobs and the SWW

12 Feb 2018, 19:55

Does any one know anymore details on the impact on indoor jobs and the shorter working week?

For indoor jobs like Callers Office, Collection Hub, Bookroom etc...

Example, Callers is open 39hours and with the sww, how is the 1hr loss to the week being covered

Indoor jobs and the SWW

12 Feb 2018, 20:26

Not your problem how itsgunna be covered tbh. It’s for them to mess up.

Indoor jobs and the SWW

12 Feb 2018, 22:22

Don't worry too much, the simplest example is you'll start work 12mins later, they'll find someone else to see to the customers in that time.

Indoor jobs and the SWW

17 Feb 2018, 21:13

It will be up to the unit to agree locally where to lose the hour, a good guess would be to take it off the end of a shift and not off the start.

Indoor jobs and the SWW

18 Feb 2018, 16:39

superdazzy wrote:It will be up to the unit to agree locally where to lose the hour, a good guess would be to take it off the end of a shift and not off the start.


Increidbilty unlikely. They will most likely make you start 12 minutes later, or something like that.

Indoor jobs and the SWW

22 Feb 2018, 22:20

Its not for them to decide, Dom & Rep to locally agree it.

Indoor jobs and the SWW

23 Feb 2018, 08:04

superdazzy wrote:Its not for them to decide, Dom & Rep to locally agree it.


They are not going to take any time off the end of your finish time with the sww you can count on that whatever any rep may tell you, they want mail to arrive later so you start later

Indoor jobs and the SWW

23 Feb 2018, 17:37

If your arrival times are going to get later then you don't have much of an argument, but in our case our arrival times are not changing so will be going for the earlier finish.

Indoor jobs and the SWW

23 Feb 2018, 20:44

superdazzy wrote: but in our case our arrival times are not changing so will be going for the earlier finish.

Can't see that staying that way for too long, once your local MC starts later, the mail will be processed later and so will go out to you later (and you might well get a higher % of it on the later/final runs)

Indoor jobs and the SWW

27 Feb 2018, 00:01

lfcgod1 wrote:Does any one know anymore details on the impact on indoor jobs and the shorter working week?

For indoor jobs like Callers Office, Collection Hub, Bookroom etc...

Example, Callers is open 39hours and with the sww, how is the 1hr loss to the week being covered


Probably the same way as outdoor workers..

"subject to the completion of specific trials in the operation to help improve customer service,
productivity and efficiency"

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1