ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ill health retirement enquiry

09 Feb 2018, 22:50

Evening. I'm hoping for some useful advice. Have been off sick for six months, and previous dom and i had agreed they would process ill health retirement. another person who went sick after me, has had they ill health retirement processed already. I went to speak to dom today who has been alright, but we have had chop and changing back and forth of doms for about a year now, and when they were there before xmas, they said that they'd forwarded my case to occupation health but because i was seeing physio through doctors the case had been closed. now, trying to get ill health through, the doctors won't give me a letter as they say it needs to come from occupational health, apparently my case has been passed on to occupational health but i haven't heard anything. i can't seem to get any straight answers and would like to be able to move on with my life, especially as it's clear that i can't return to work. i'm a bit worried with the new agreements (which i haven't read as i thought they wouldn't affect me too much as i would be leaving shortly) how that is going to affect me. paranoia is making me think they're trying to force me into resigning or waiting till new agreements are live so i will receive less or nothing. any advice about where i should be at this stage would be appreciated. honestly, i don't even believe my case has gone to occupational health and i think it needs to before ill health will be considered higher up the chain. thanks

11 Feb 2018, 12:09

They are trying to frustrate you possibly into leaving
Hang in there and keep getting sick lines ,eventually they will push for it .even better if it’s when /if new agreement is in ,you will get 20 pound a week more which is quite a lot when your talking near a years wages
Mean while ask to speak to oh assist again and tell them how bad you are and it’s not going to improve anytime soon

11 Feb 2018, 13:49

How long you been with rm?

11 Feb 2018, 16:25

seven years

11 Feb 2018, 19:34

no ill health retirement after april :cuppa :cuppa

12 Feb 2018, 13:09

slinder123 wrote:no ill health retirement after april :cuppa :cuppa

Where did you get that information ? : :cuppa

12 Feb 2018, 15:09

tommyrep wrote:
slinder123 wrote:no ill health retirement after april :cuppa :cuppa

Where did you get that information ? : :cuppa

wires crossed there a bit I think. no more ''enhanced payments'' for IHR or EVR after april. but still available at a much lower pay off. (assuming the deal is voted in)

12 Feb 2018, 16:10

When it says augmented vr payments does that mean pension enhancements 2 years wages or both.

20 Feb 2018, 10:13

Has anyone found out or heard any more about any changes to ill health after April?

20 Feb 2018, 16:35

stevenshm wrote:Has anyone found out or heard any more about any changes to ill health after April?

Thats one of the main areas that needs clarification before I vote, much of the info in the agreement notes is vague.

20 Feb 2018, 19:31

Can anyone clarify about "No more enhancement of pension payments for IHR" in the new agreement. I think this is really important for all of us as not many of us are going to be capable of doing delivery until we're 67, and if we've f****d our bodies up working for Royal Mail then they should pay for it, in my opinion.

14 Mar 2018, 07:14

can't find anything in the document relating to this. we have no dom at the moment, great. i sent my form back to oh assist the day i received it (20th february) my gp has only just received the letter from them on 12th March! does anyone know if i'll be penalised by the new system, which will no doubt be voted in. trying to get hold of area union rep, as at the moment we have no union rep and no dom! i believe the pay in lieu of notice will be removed, but not sure. still feels like it's been dragged out, and can't understand why someone else in the office went off sick after me and had their ill health retirement processed months ago.

17 Mar 2018, 16:09

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... th#p799473
RobertT wrote:On page 12 and page 11 of the new agreement it says:

Ill-health benefit - 50% of pensionable pay, less State benefits, payable for up to 3 years plus lump sum payment at the end of the 3 years, plus payment of accrued benefits.

This applies to both DBCB and CDC schemes.

18 Mar 2018, 16:11

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/community/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=84001&p=799473&hilit=health#p799473
RobertT wrote:On page 12 and page 11 of the new agreement it says:

Ill-health benefit - 50% of pensionable pay, less State benefits, payable for up to 3 years plus lump sum payment at the end of the 3 years, plus payment of accrued benefits.

This applies to both DBCB and CDC schemes.

Sorry if it seems silly, but what does that mean? I'm not of pensionable age, but waiting for the doctor report to get back to oha with (hopefully) the recommendation that I can't carry out my work. I'm only 40 with 7 years service. I was told that the pay in lieu of notice is what is being removed under the new agreeement?

18 Mar 2018, 16:45

To be honest I am not certain what it means and what the nitty gritty changes are.

Hopefully, we will be briefed fully at some point.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1