ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Seniority rules for returning staff

08 Feb 2018, 14:52

Just wondering if someone can clarify this for me regarding seniority I understand as a new starter you obviously go to the bottom of the seniority list but if you have previously worked for Royal Mail e.g 1995 to 2001 left the company for family reasons and have got a job at Parcelforce at a different site does your seniority start from your new start date or from the start date back in 1995

08 Feb 2018, 16:03

As long as there is no break in service/contract between the 3 periods of employment then according to the way forward agreement you keep it. Any break resets it.

However, if you can prove to HR that you worked for RM previously (they lost records pre 2000) then all periods count towards your annual leave entitlement.

6 All service within an appropriate grade, whether on permanent or temporary basis, will count for seniority purposes, with the exception of any periods worked on a casual contract, or during a career break or sabbatical. Unpaid leave will count provided there is no break in contract. Service after age 60 will continue to count. However service must be continuous for seniority purposes, with periods prior to any break in contract (due to re-employment, for example) not generally included, unless there are exceptional circumstances applying to particular cases that are agreed at local level.

All periods of service on a temporary or permanent contract (with periods of casual service included only if they run continuously into a temporary or permanent contract), except for those on unpaid leave, SPPR, or with HM Forces exceeding 15 days, will count towards calculating leave due. Previous periods of PO service may be counted for this purpose.

08 Feb 2018, 17:09

I’m currently looking at transferring through success factors to a role within Parcelforce
Does my seniority count for nothing there?

08 Feb 2018, 21:51

jd9442 wrote:I’m currently looking at transferring through success factors to a role within Parcelforce
Does my seniority count for nothing there?

We had a guy join RM deliveries from being a parcel force driver for 20 years and he carried his seniority from there so I guess the same would apply in reverse? :hmmmm

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1