ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PAY AND FOUR PILLARS AGREEMENT... HERE

From Wally Week to Rota Day Threat

05 Feb 2018, 20:38

I've taken up the vacant role of office rep, somebody had to do so I thought I'd take on the poison chalice. One of my first challenges is the dealing with the threat of changing a few of my members shift patterns as they often fail to complete. Management have said they are going to make their duties a rotational day off and take them off the 1 week off in 6 system and give them a rota day. The rest of the office would remain on the 1 in 6. These guys have signed for these duties so they haven't been placed on them. What is the advice with this situation? Can management do this? Obviously, I can go straight to the area rep for advice but I thought I'd seek here as I have been told this forum has a wealth of experienced postal workers and reps.

05 Feb 2018, 21:14

So how does management think that going to 1 in 6 from Wally will cure the issue of not being able to complete ?
Ahh I see is it a threat to make them go faster/miss breaks/work over/not cut off ?

05 Feb 2018, 21:34

Yup threatening to take it away is a punishment. Wally week is a good system for many. They can't implement it in our office for some reason as many would jump at it! I do believe RM want to get rid of it all together if they can?! :hmmmm

05 Feb 2018, 21:39

I fail also to see how putting them on a rotational day off is going to solve the problem of them not being able to complete. Sounds like your DOM is another from the clusterfuck school of failed Royal Mail managers who is nothing but a bullying arsewipe who can't manage his office properly.
And how can he leave others on 1 in 6 and not the others?

05 Feb 2018, 21:54

I've taken up the vacant role of office rep, somebody had to do so I thought I'd take on the poison chalice.

You poor, poor, man. Schedule an MRI head scan immediately.

05 Feb 2018, 22:10

They tried this in our office. We contacted cwu hq and they confirmed they cant change it without our agreement. Cant remember which policy it was in but we stopped them.

05 Feb 2018, 23:00

Bullying. Disagreement in right away.

07 Feb 2018, 01:12

IR framework first next all lodge grievances everyone has different objections as to why! next mass disobedience by asking for clarification on every action asked by management! next take all action short of industrial action as long as it is not organised this can be anything short of a strike the list is endless!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1