ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Annual leave allocation

11 Jan 2018, 15:58

Hi there,
I've been at this job for 6months now, just trying to sort out my annual leave for next year. I have purchased an additional 2weeks leave. Have just been told by my manager that only one of my weeks that I requested has been granted. I need the other weeks as I have childcare issues, what can I do? I have told them I dnt mind taking it unpaid as parental leave, can they deny me this? They allocate annual leave by seniority, can they do this? Seems very unfair.

Thanks in advance

Annual leave allocation

11 Jan 2018, 17:08

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Bei ... ummary.pdf
There may be another alternative that you can explore. Noticing that you have been with the business 6 months I am assuming that you are on P/T contracted hours. On the week that has been refused for your child care arrangements you can ask if it is possible to bank these hours for that particular week and repay these hours when the office requires you to work additional hours for increased traffic volumes.

Annual leave allocation

11 Jan 2018, 17:59

Parental Leave - sorry the rules say you have to have been at the company more than a year. Though if by the time you need it, you should be able to apply
https://www.gov.uk/parental-leave/eligibility

Leave selection by Seniority - No that's not allowed as the only and exclusive way of leave selection. But it is allowed if combined with another method. For example seniority, one year then Juniority the next. Or seniority within groups, but groups don't select all their leave in one go, but week by week. etc

Another option is that you may be able to swap your leave with a colleague, I do that in my office.

Annual leave allocation

11 Jan 2018, 19:45

good evening true blue just a quick question on the second pick of holiday I was picked out of the hat twice and didn't get them, would it be fairer if you lost your first choice if you were then taken out of the draw so at least you got one of them? and is it worth putting in a grievance about this?

Annual leave allocation

11 Jan 2018, 20:50

terry2972 wrote:good evening true blue just a quick question on the second pick of holiday I was picked out of the hat twice and didn't get them, would it be fairer if you lost your first choice if you were then taken out of the draw so at least you got one of them? and is it worth putting in a grievance about this?

On my section, if you had been picked out of one leave slot, you couldn't be picked out of another. Go an see the Blonde Coach to confirm it happened to him. If he was treated differently to you then yes a grievance is the way to go because you have been treated differently.

Annual leave allocation

11 Jan 2018, 21:20

it astounds me that this great big company we work for cannot introduce a single fair system of choosing holidays.
ours works fine and only ever hear the odd moans from the usual people who should always get their way regardless of anyone else

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1