not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Annual/Purchase Leave for part-timers

10 Jan 2018, 22:54

Hi

I work 31 hours per week and have a combined total of 186 hours (6 week’s x 31) annual leave plus purchase leave. Later this year, I will complete 15 year’s service and I understand that for full time employee they would be entitled to annual leave of 26 days, plus 4 days purchase leave.

Does anyone know how to calculate the split in hours between annual and purchase leave based on the 15 year service entitlement. I have tried searching the site but can’t find where this issue is covered. I appreciate that the overall number of hours is unchanged but I would like to know how many hours I am going to pay for !

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

11 Jan 2018, 13:36

That's the rate I'm on, good news is your weekly POAL deduction should reduce to 1.6% of your wage, not sure about the main query in hours but wouldn't it be 4 X whatever hours per day you attend ?

11 Jan 2018, 15:32

Thanks ted-e-bear. That's what I thought 7.75 x 4 = 31 hours. Bookroom have come up with another figure. Have queried but was looking for official policy!

11 Jan 2018, 16:48

Ahh I might be mistaken then, I assumed you were on a 5 day week, might be best to phone HR and get them to explain what your basic entitlement is in hours then the options to have full 6 weeks off.

11 Jan 2018, 17:49

After 15 years = Five weeks 1 day

So 5 x 31 or 155 + for the weeks

another 31 for the 6th week of which 7 (roughly is accrued) and 23 hours POAL.

That's rough figures obviously. but my guess is POAL for 23 hours over the year is about right.

Ps. Also don't forget that on the year you change over from 1 entitlement to another, then your POAL is reduced pro-rata based on when your start date anniversary is. It's only the following full-year that you get the new entitlement in full.

11 Jan 2018, 18:15

Thanks TBT - I complete 15 years in September so that might account for the difference. I now work a 4 day week, having dropped 8 hours on reaching 60. Thanks guys for your insights - very much appreciated.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1