not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Trimble Agreement

10 Jan 2018, 19:41

About 80% of our vans have been fitted with trimbles. The manager advised today that it is unlikely that any other vans will be fitted in our office due to costs.
I was shown a graph where over a period of time my van accelerated, braked and turned harshly.
I was then told that it was unacceptable and asked for any reason that may have contributed to this happening.
I was shown a little letter that the Dom had typed out stating that he had shown me the data and that he had spoken to me on this matter.
I brought up the fact that not all vans in our office have trimbles fitted therefore it was unfair to point a finger at my driving.
One of the other posties who has been called in regarding idling asked what would happen if he doesn’t improve his score and he was told he could get taken off of the driving.
Surely this must be discriminatory since not all of our vans are fitted and therefore there is no accurate way to measure the drivers score in those vans.

Have I the right to refuse to sign any paperwork regarding this?

Is there any agreement with the CWU and RM on the use of trimbles?

I would like to have some ammunition when I see him tomorrow.

Many thanks in advance

Trimble Agreement

10 Jan 2018, 19:51

I wish they would take me of driving lol

Trimble Agreement

10 Jan 2018, 20:00

"One of the other posties who has been called in regarding idling asked what would happen if he doesn’t improve his score and he was told he could get taken off of the driving". :thumbup
Then call his bluff. Let him take you off driving but you'll still be on the same pay but have less responsibility, no vehicle checks, no risk of points on your license etc. :nana

Trimble Agreement

10 Jan 2018, 20:13

Why would you want to drive in an aggressive or fast manner in a works van, do that in your own car.

Trimble Agreement

10 Jan 2018, 20:31

They can’t use it in conduct so don’t worry.
Just say ok I’ll take what you said on board or whatever.
He can also see you idling the van so just make sure you stop that as they can always go out and visit you for a safety check and see it that wag

Trimble Agreement

10 Jan 2018, 20:52

Idling is the one they will have you on, been known for ib to "coincidentally" turn up at that spot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Trimble Agreement

10 Jan 2018, 21:44

"As such driver performance data will remain confidential to the individual and will not be displayed on notice boards or in league tables, nor will it form part of performance management"

Our DOM puts a league table up every week and your duty is highlighted in bright orange if your score is below 92%. Even been told during the cold snap to not run the engines to demist the inside of the windows. :nana :nana

Trimble Agreement

10 Jan 2018, 21:55

bobthepostie wrote:"As such driver performance data will remain confidential to the individual and will not be displayed on notice boards or in league tables, nor will it form part of performance management"

Our DOM puts a league table up every week and your duty is highlighted in bright orange if your score is below 92%. Even been told during the cold snap to not run the engines to demist the inside of the windows. :nana :nana

1. What the hell is your rep doing about this a disagreement needs to be put in instantly

2. It’s illegal to drive a van if your windows are misted up

Trimble Agreement

11 Jan 2018, 00:34

It’s discrimination, surely they can’t discipline unless all vans have trimble. They tried to get around that in our office by swapping the vans around, didn’t last long!

Trimble Agreement

11 Jan 2018, 09:52

Another absolutely ridiculous and hypocritical idea from the ivory towers. My gran couldn,t stop it beeping. On a rural delivery they are a complete pain in the arse. Manager says you arent fast enough, van says slow down, lol.

Trimble Agreement

11 Jan 2018, 15:21

I bet they employ a manager on £30k to look at this data to see if your idling to long so they can save £10 a week on fuel, I’m always been told off for idling to long but as I have my break in my van and this time of year it’s cold, engine stays on to keep me warm better than finding a frozen postie in the seat.

Trimble Agreement

22 Jan 2018, 18:53

Your late today wrote:I bet they employ a manager on £30k to look at this data to see if your idling to long so they can save £10 a week on fuel, I’m always been told off for idling to long but as I have my break in my van and this time of year it’s cold, engine stays on to keep me warm better than finding a frozen postie in the seat.

To be fair, I believe it's actually an offence to leave your engine idling. According to the Highway Code you should shut your engine off if you're going to be stationary for two minutes or more.

Trimble Agreement

22 Jan 2018, 19:10

Vehicle idling is an offence against the Road Traffic (Vehicle Emissions) (Fixed Penalty) (England) Regulations 2002. The law states that is an offence to idle your engine unnecessarily when stationary. If you fail to turn your engine off after being spoken to you may be issued with a fixed penalty notice of £20.

Trimble Agreement

22 Jan 2018, 20:55

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Vehicle idling is an offence against the Road Traffic (Vehicle Emissions) (Fixed Penalty) (England) Regulations 2002. The law states that is an offence to idle your engine unnecessarily when stationary. If you fail to turn your engine off after being spoken to you may be issued with a fixed penalty notice of £20.

The police could park outside every school in the country and make a fortune. Engine running, heaters on full blast playing Candy Crush on the phone for at least 30 minutes to get a good spot so little Tarquin doesn't have to walk too far.

Trimble Agreement

22 Jan 2018, 21:11

Your late today wrote:I bet they employ a manager on £30k to look at this data to see if your idling to long so they can save £10 a week on fuel, I’m always been told off for idling to long but as I have my break in my van and this time of year it’s cold, engine stays on to keep me warm better than finding a frozen postie in the seat.

If I can't sit in my van in the middle of the countryside with the engine idling to keep warm, then I'll drive back to the office to take my break - see how much that costs them
compared to a few cc's of diesel!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2