ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR ARRANGEMENTS 2017/18 INCLUDING PAY ARRANGEMENTS... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : SEVERE WEATHER THREADS : UPDATED 2017... HERE

70 hours /rcs

06 Dec 2017, 22:02

Hi all have a question any feed back most welcome ,
When staff working over hours and being rolled where are these hours shown on the rcs and under what ?

70 hours /rcs

06 Dec 2017, 22:21

Staff shouldn't be working more than 70 hours, the rule is in place for health and safety reasons, and rolling the paid hours to the following week is clearly a very serious matter if discovered, I doubt the H&S executive would be too impressed to say the least.

70 hours /rcs

07 Dec 2017, 11:41

norm wrote:Staff shouldn't be working more than 70 hours, the rule is in place for health and safety reasons, and rolling the paid hours to the following week is clearly a very serious matter if discovered, I doubt the H&S executive would be too impressed to say the least.

It's got nothing to do with the Health and Safety Executive,it's a rule imposed by Royal Mail.

70 hours /rcs

07 Dec 2017, 22:57

rubberbond wrote:
norm wrote:Staff shouldn't be working more than 70 hours, the rule is in place for health and safety reasons, and rolling the paid hours to the following week is clearly a very serious matter if discovered, I doubt the H&S executive would be too impressed to say the least.

It's got nothing to do with the Health and Safety Executive,it's a rule imposed by Royal Mail.

Actually I think the HSE would be interested if an accident occurred and RM were found to be negligent in correctly monitoring their employees working hours to ensure they are not overly fatigued. That's the whole reason RM brought this in because of a string of incidents involving employees working crazy hours.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1