ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR ARRANGEMENTS 2017/18 INCLUDING PAY ARRANGEMENTS... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : SEVERE WEATHER THREADS : UPDATED 2017... HERE

Getting pushed out

03 Dec 2017, 20:34

Hello

I am currently in my trial period and have been with RM for a few months, they seem to be pushing me out as I'm not delivering mail quick enough. I think they want to let me go. Can the union offer me any protection?

Getting pushed out

03 Dec 2017, 20:47

What do you mean pushing you out?
What have they said/done to you to make you feel this way? Are you a union member

Getting pushed out

03 Dec 2017, 21:10

Yes I am a union member. Getting yelled at for returning mail sacks to depot but not able to do overtime.

Want to speak to discuss my poor performance this week, so fully expecting they are going to get rid of me.

Getting pushed out

03 Dec 2017, 21:13

Speak to your rep.
Are you telling them before you leave the office you may not have enough time to complete? It’s Christmas pressure now so most duties will be going over but they can’t force overtime on anybody!! Don’t go into any meeting without your rep either

Getting pushed out

03 Dec 2017, 23:02

Thank you!

Getting pushed out

04 Dec 2017, 03:56

Sounds like the usual scare tactics to get you to deliver all the mail and not take your breaks etc. As said don’t go into any meeting without a rep. Most importantly do the job exactly by the book to protect yourself.

Getting pushed out

05 Dec 2017, 18:28

South_London_Postie wrote:Sounds like the usual scare tactics to get you to deliver all the mail and not take your breaks etc. As said don’t go into any meeting without a rep. Most importantly do the job exactly by the book to protect yourself.

If he's still on a temporary contract, doing the job "to the book" won't stop him getting the boot. I mean, if my office is anything to go by, it doesn't matter whether you can do the job "well" or not. They keep you because they're just desperate. No offence.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1