ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR ARRANGEMENTS 2017/18 INCLUDING PAY ARRANGEMENTS... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : SEVERE WEATHER THREADS : UPDATED 2017... HERE

FACE TO FACE

02 Dec 2017, 07:11

Just recently had a face to face with a very aggressive shift manager who even offered to pay for me to go private to get me back to work earlier.when i pointed out that this was most likely not possible he then threatened to stop my pay!has any one had similar experiences or would like to share anything in there 'recent or past face to face meetings?

FACE TO FACE

02 Dec 2017, 16:43

Was this meeting minuted and does his comments about paying for private treatment appear in those minutes? Does his comments about docking pay also appear in those minutes?

FACE TO FACE

03 Dec 2017, 08:54

no i dont think the meeting was minuted.I dont believe he has the authority to pay for private treatment i think he was just testing me?You know anything about this?

FACE TO FACE

03 Dec 2017, 15:46

Were you accompanied by a CWU rep or a colleague? If not were you informed of your rights in respect of having a REp/Colleague in attendance?

Never go in to any meeting with a Royal Mail manager unless you are accompanied. This person should be able to take minutes of the meeting and the likelihood is that managers will not come out with this sort of dribble if you have someone on your side. They will only take chances on bullying you and giving conflicting or incorrect information if you are on your own. A manager cannot insist on you attending any meeting without you having the option to be accompanied and if this is anything to do with sickness or disciplinary meetings they should inform you of your rights.

FACE TO FACE

04 Dec 2017, 16:33

Possible similar instance at our place, going back a couple of years now but a guy was on a long waiting list for a NHS physiotherapy appointment and RM paid for him to go straight away to one that they use, think at the time the postie was advised by the rep that he couldn't really refuse as RM we're doing their utmost to get him fit for work and if he refused the treatment then stopping his sick pay could be an option.

FACE TO FACE

04 Dec 2017, 17:26

the difference here is Royal Mail were prepared to pay for him to get fit, not the manager personally.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1