ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR ARRANGEMENTS 2017/18 INCLUDING PAY ARRANGEMENTS... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : SEVERE WEATHER THREADS : UPDATED 2017... HERE

Parcels per hour

01 Dec 2017, 15:07

Is there an agreed amount on how many oversize parcels we should be delivering per hour?

I keep hearing 20 but would love to know where they get that figure from considering the driving between addresses and writing out 739's

Parcels per hour

01 Dec 2017, 16:22

Would have thought that could be an average. There are too many things that could slow you down, trying a neighbour ,writing out 739s, parking near your drop, you might not get a space so easy and traffic. If you had to rush to get a certain amount done it is possible that you have not got full attention on the road. So I would be surprised if they say you have to do a certain amount within an hour. Hopefully someone will come on and let us know what the rule on this is.

Parcels per hour

01 Dec 2017, 16:39

Union rep has just told me that there isn't an agreed standard for an outdoor task so the 20 parcels an hour my managers keep telling us we should be doing is a load of nonsense.

Only asked because I'm having issue's with a manager who seems to be in dreamland everyday when it come's to how long a walk should take etc.

Parcels per hour

01 Dec 2017, 16:42

Obviously there is no performance standard for the number of parcels you should deliver in an hour. There are too may variables.
What there is is a resourcing standard - the number they think you should deliver in an hour but this will vary from office to office due to the variations in traffic/housing type and density/whatever/whatever.

Parcels per hour

01 Dec 2017, 17:47

I smashed 20 an hour no problems

Parcels per hour

01 Dec 2017, 18:38

bensonhedge wrote:I smashed 20 an hour no problems
Well done medal in post :Applause

Parcels per hour

01 Dec 2017, 20:20

seaside wrote:
bensonhedge wrote:I smashed 20 an hour no problems
Well done medal in post :Applause

mmm sound like lads at our place.....I can do 25....I do 30....
we have agreed 17 per hour soooo why shout out you can do more
pretty sure the d.o.m aint deaf

Parcels per hour

02 Dec 2017, 20:56

there is no nationally agreed amount . locally we have agreed 15 per hour. this figure takes into account health and safety issues , fatigue issues and deliver to neighbour. OPGs should act in accordance of the delivery procedures not a hero macho , I'm the fastest postman in the west attitude.

Parcels per hour

02 Dec 2017, 21:53

Without derailing the thread to much, where do we stand on delivering parcels in the dark?

At our office we have a fairly large collection hub, the collection reserves have all been "loaned" to deliveries for the presure period on collection hours i.e 11-7 for the sole purpose of clearing packets.

Parcels per hour

02 Dec 2017, 22:37

Spooky43 wrote:Without derailing the thread to much, where do we stand on delivering parcels in the dark?

From last years Xmas Arrangements Document (haven't seen this year's):

These supplementary parcel delivery duties will form part of the normal local discussions covering Christmas arrangements and will take full account of local circumstances in ensuring sufficient resource to cover the workload.

They will usually take place between 0700 and 1000; additional deliveries may take place between 1500 and 2000 (and no later than 2100).

In all circumstances employee safety and the security of mail must be assured. Areas/Addresses identified as high risk e.g. deliveries suspended due to attacks, robberies or problem dogs etc. will be excluded from receiving this additional service.

So if it's not safe, don't do it......?

Parcels per hour

02 Dec 2017, 22:54

That seems far to logical and reasonable

Parcels per hour

10 Dec 2017, 10:45

Spooky43 wrote:Without derailing the thread to much, where do we stand on delivering parcels in the dark?

At our office we have a fairly large collection hub, the collection reserves have all been "loaned" to deliveries for the presure period on collection hours i.e 11-7 for the sole purpose of clearing packets.

Our DOM has told us not to deliver in the dark at all so that means this time of year no delivering after 4pm. This is largely to do with a complete lack of street lighting on all but one of our walks. In addition we have been hit big time with snow today so our DOM will not let us deliver tomorrow presuming that the mail can even reach our office. Haven't seen this much snow since the volcano years ago when I was on a bike delivery!!!
In short what you need is a DOM like ours who until recently was a postie. No use having some guy fresh out of university or someone who has not worked for RM before.

Parcels per hour

10 Dec 2017, 15:42

It depends if all the 20 packets are in the same vicinity, or are in different towns....

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1