ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR ARRANGEMENTS 2017/18 INCLUDING PAY ARRANGEMENTS... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : SEVERE WEATHER THREADS : UPDATED 2017... HERE

SSP - RM cannot pay...

30 Nov 2017, 22:34

Recieved a letter the other day from HR notifying me that after X date, they cannot pay SSP. I Have been off for 6 months and was told i would go onto half pay by my Union, but this letter suggests otherwise.

The letter is quite confusing and goes onto say...

'If you make a claim with the DWP, your sick pay will need to be reduced by the amount of any benifit paid to you. To enable the correct deductions to be made from your pay please inform me of the weekly amount of benifit that you recieve'

Which leads me to believe that RM will continue to foward pay to myself?

Thank you.

SSP - RM cannot pay...

01 Dec 2017, 09:49

I went onto half pay then received an straight £80 SSP of state to lift it , then I applied for council tax benefit and received more working text credit, so don't worry over money

SSP - RM cannot pay...

08 Dec 2017, 03:33

I would suggest ringing HR and getting someone to explain exactly what is happening and how much you will be paid.

Holly I know you mean well but Council Tax Reduction and most other benefits are means tested. So the OPs personal circumstances will dictate whether their entitled to anything.

So OP please do worry about money and get it sorted ASAP.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1