ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Floating

13 Nov 2017, 16:10

I have been asked to go back to floating duty I used to do before as the round i am on has a ridiculously slow old postie and I have started cutting off! Problem is I did this duty for 3 years and hardly any tips from regulars,plus 2 people regularly work day off meaning I have to change for that day! Surely they should change if workiyday off? My manager says that I should change as I am more flexible! Is this right if so can I insist on re sign as one of the walks is beiydone by a less senior guy than me and I have asked to go on that one but manager simply says no! Also is there not a seniority process it just seems to be the manager who decides who does what and if you are a bad postie sticks you on the same walk, where do I stand with this?

Floating

13 Nov 2017, 16:25

Sounds to me like you're being mis-informed by your manager. If it's the floaters scheduled day to be on a particular walk, and the duty holder is working his day off, it's the duty holder that should be moved. I often worked days off in the past, and one of my conditions was I stay on my walk. It wasn't intended to annoy the floater, but they would then have a problem towards me.

The less senior person on a walk should definitely be moved if it's nobodies signed duty. We had a situation like that one time. Less senior postie sitting on 'easier' vacant duty because he was slow. More times than not, the faster posties get moved around and put on the rubbish walks, or with slower posties in an effort to balance productivity ( just read your other thread ).

Floating

13 Nov 2017, 16:42

Alexei wrote:Sounds to me like you're being mis-informed by your manager. If it's the floaters scheduled day to be on a particular walk, and the duty holder is working his day off, it's the duty holder that should be moved. I often worked days off in the past, and one of my conditions was I stay on my walk. It wasn't intended to annoy the floater, but they would then have a problem towards me.

The less senior person on a walk should definitely be moved if it's nobodies signed duty. We had a situation like that one time. Less senior postie sitting on 'easier' vacant duty because he was slow. More times than not, the faster posties get moved around and put on the rubbish walks, or with slower posties in an effort to balance productivity ( just read your other thread ).
yes, it does seem to be the better you are the more you get moved, I am fed up with people working day off and asking to be moved, we have no union rep so I just wandered can I insist on moving to the walk which is being done by a less senior guy? He’s been on it for about 12 months now and it’s a single van duty I did ask at time and manager said no and now again! How do I go about re sign as he has already said we are not doing one in our office! Is he right is it simply his decision or should I get a rep involved which obviously could upset him?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1