ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

1st Antenatal Appointment during Xmas pressure.

08 Nov 2017, 21:58

So, my wife and I are expecting our first child.

Problem is, her first utrasound scan is booked in for Friday 22nd December. Right at the end of the pressure.

How likely am I to be given leave of duties to attend that appointment with her?

09 Nov 2017, 11:49

If you have a manager who’s human then it’ll be no problem. Family takes priority in my opinion.

09 Nov 2017, 13:27

matt76 wrote:If you have a manager who’s human then it’ll be no problem. Family takes priority in my opinion.

Only met one in my years with Royal Mail. They are not interested in what happens in your personal life. They have been pre-programmed to ask for all the help that you can give them, and woe betide you if you don't, but quickly reject without thought any sensible, human request that you ask of them.

Without doubt in my 49 years of working life I have never worked for a company that disrespected the value of the workers to the degree that Royal Mail does. The current executive would be sent to The Hague for war crimes if this was a wartime situation.

09 Nov 2017, 17:08

Oh, I know what you guys are saying, believe me...

I asked the DOM today though, and I got the day on annual leave, thankfully. The wife would have killed me if I wasn't going to be there.

09 Nov 2017, 18:57

You are allowed time off to attend 2 ante natal appointments with your partner,,, it's in the employment policy

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1