ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Christmas overtime

07 Nov 2017, 17:39

Could someone ie union rep please help me find out if it is compulsory to work overtime at Christmas I am covered by DDA and suffer with chronic pain from arthritis and a normal day is a struggle the rep in our office has said that you have to give them 1hour a day at least

Christmas overtime

07 Nov 2017, 18:03

Overtime is ALWAYS optional.

Christmas overtime

07 Nov 2017, 18:22

Sack the rep

Christmas overtime

07 Nov 2017, 19:42

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Some of the DO reps are worse than some managers total cowboys.Report your rep to the area rep tell him whats he said!makes me ahhhhh

Christmas overtime

07 Nov 2017, 20:14

The rep is talking like a cnt, if he really has no idea on something as basic as that then he shouldn't be the rep.

Christmas overtime

07 Nov 2017, 20:49

It used to be compulsory to perform Christmas overtime under the last 1980s when there was an agreement called the abolition of compulsory overtime at christmas. So the short answer is no you do not have to work overtime at Christmas.

Christmas overtime

08 Nov 2017, 12:06

get rid of your rep , I'm guessing hes best mates with the dim ? tell them to f**k off , overtime is VOLUNTARY . :evil/mad

Christmas overtime

08 Nov 2017, 16:47

Wow - with a rep like that who needs royal mail managers!?!?! :arrrghhh

Christmas overtime

08 Nov 2017, 20:54

Shill reps :roll:

Christmas overtime

08 Nov 2017, 21:35

The only limitation on you not performing OT is your will and the threats of management if you do not have a full time contract not hour's contract the will try leverage with by the way good luck in your endeavours or lack of them!

Christmas overtime

14 Nov 2017, 19:48

give them an hour a day at least?? hahaha dont fall for that shite

Christmas overtime

15 Nov 2017, 09:56

Put in writing asap to your Dom that you wish to opt out of any local Xmas deal which involves working overtime.
As mentioned above overtime is voluntary all year round the business can not force you to work
1 second over your contracted hours that is your choice if you wish to.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1