ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE


sickness after an accident at work

12 Oct 2017, 17:36

Hypothetical question.

If a member goes sick after an AOD that results in an injury and the subsequent investigation attributes the accident as blameworthy, could RM refuse to pay sick pay?


sickness after an accident at work

12 Oct 2017, 18:04

Spartacus wrote:Hypothetical question.

If a member goes sick after an AOD that results in an injury and the subsequent investigation attributes the accident as blameworthy, could RM refuse to pay sick pay?

Should not but everyone who is not a manager is blameworthy are they not in the eyes of MANAGEMENT.

sickness after an accident at work

12 Oct 2017, 18:43

Hypothetically yes.
Any undelivered mail as a result of the AOD could be classed as willful delay if they wanted to be really arsey and they could conduct accordingly.

sickness after an accident at work

12 Oct 2017, 19:12

clashcityrocker wrote:Hypothetically yes.
Any undelivered mail as a result of the AOD could be classed as willful delay if they wanted to be really arsey and they could conduct accordingly.



So if the blameworthiness was successfully challenged, normal sick pay and attendance procedure would apply?

Secondly, how would you go about challenging a blameworthy decision?

sickness after an accident at work

12 Oct 2017, 19:25

Spartacus wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:Hypothetically yes.
Any undelivered mail as a result of the AOD could be classed as willful delay if they wanted to be really arsey and they could conduct accordingly.



So if the blameworthiness was successfully challenged, normal sick pay and attendance procedure would apply?

Secondly, how would you go about challenging a blameworthy decision?

Should have got your CWU rep in with you. but you could sue the firm or whoever else was at fault or as the say accidents do happen just don't sign any crap that the managers put in front of you.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1