ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR ARRANGEMENTS 2017/18 INCLUDING PAY ARRANGEMENTS... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : SEVERE WEATHER THREADS : UPDATED 2017... HERE

Work added to duty

08 Oct 2017, 10:35

Hey there,

Just a quick question. I may be having another 100+ calls added to my round, was wondering what the protocol was for this? Can management just decide to lump more work onto a duty if i work quicker than the previous postie?

If there is a procedure for this, where might i find it written?

Thanx in advance and sorry if its been discussed previously

Rosie x

Work added to duty

08 Oct 2017, 10:42

You have a start time and a finish time, if your doing the duty quicker than previous duty holder then they rightly should be adding to your duty to take you up to your finish time. If this is the case more fool you. If I was you I would ensure I was doing the duty exactly the way it should be done deliver to neighbour using trolley etc to ensure I didn't have any scope for anything to be added ensuring it took me until my finish time.

Work added to duty

08 Oct 2017, 10:48

Yeah i realise its my own doing, just wasnt sure if delivery spans were a factor? As i dont think hcts r meant to leave the office till nearly 11am but we r normally out before 9:30 so even with the designated span i would still b finishing before time.

But thanx for the reply xx

Work added to duty

08 Oct 2017, 11:21

Become a leave reserve then it doesn't matter what time you finish cos it isn't your duty.

Work added to duty

10 Oct 2017, 11:33

Have respect for the dutys in your office regardless if therr not your own because one day they might be. Takr your breaks use your trollie do the job properly a d they wont be getting put on. If youve been walking back in the office early what do u expect a medal off manGement because your quick. Theres your medal..... U get more and they laugh at u

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1