ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Becoming a union rep

07 Oct 2017, 18:47

I have been in the job over 20 years and never thought i'd i'd say this but im seriously thinking of putting in for union rep
with all the things going on!
I am in the lucky position that if i did lose this job it wouldn't be the end of the world!
but hate seeing people i work with being stressed and looking older!!!!
with privatization will i still have the power to make a difference?
any comments would be good to hear of past experience

thank you

Becoming a union rep

07 Oct 2017, 19:43

You have 20 years experience in the job. Is there anyone better qualified in your office to do the job ? If there is, are they standing ?
Go for it - you can make a difference.

Becoming a union rep

07 Oct 2017, 20:41

good for you, your experience is invaluable, get some of you colleagues to help(form a committee) you can be the figurehead, and get advice along the way!!!

Becoming a union rep

08 Oct 2017, 13:04

I wish you all the best with it. But attacking that role with a full heart will only get you so far. All we hear is "The union this, the union that...", to the point it's ringing in your ears. At the end of the day, the people will only come to you with problems, when they have them. The rest of the time, happy to bury their heads, cut corners and work with me me me mentality. Instead of doing the job properly, as we all know we should do, and making life not just easier for the rep, but each other.

Becoming a union rep

08 Oct 2017, 16:10

Go for it wish you all the best! :nana

Becoming a union rep

08 Oct 2017, 21:09

Honestly it's like trying to herd cats.

Becoming a union rep

08 Oct 2017, 22:06

I wouldn't wish it on anybody.
It's like having 200 naughty kids.(well most of them wear shorts).
You get blamed for everything from the beans aren't Heinz to the bog is backed up with water and s**t and your expected to deal with it in an instance, otherwise your `in the gaffers pocket`. :roll:

Becoming a union rep

16 Oct 2017, 14:36

I presume there are courses you go on to give u a basic grounding in union stuff.?

although with u being there 20 years u probably already know a bit.

Becoming a union rep

16 Oct 2017, 14:48

Sir Henry wrote:Honestly it's like trying to herd cats.

Haha a mate of mine did it and this sums it up perfectly!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1