ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Placards and banners for the strike

06 Oct 2017, 18:25

Anyone know if the union are providing prints/banners/placards for the picket line ? Something like this 'Proud to be part of the 89.1%' type of thing. Or 'Shove Wall Street asset strippers up your arse' (only joking :Very Happy )

Would print them out myself but a)my printer only does black and white and b) only does A4

If they are where can we find and order them ?

06 Oct 2017, 18:27

jetblack wrote:Anyone know if the union are providing prints/banners/placards for the picket line ? Something like this 'Proud to be part of the 89.1%' type of thing. Or 'Shove Wall Street asset strippers up your arse' (only joking :Very Happy )

Would print them out myself but a)my printer only does black and white and b) only does A4

Ok if in Newcastle

07 Oct 2017, 13:58

jetblack wrote:Anyone know if the union are providing prints/banners/placards for the picket line ? Something like this 'Proud to be part of the 89.1%' type of thing. Or 'Shove Wall Street asset strippers up your arse' (only joking :Very Happy )

Area reps usually pass banners and picket regalia to the local rep.

But there is a certain credibility to the handwritten cardboard signs in my opinion.

07 Oct 2017, 15:42

don't think we are going to need them anyways by the vibes we are getting about this court injunction. by the sound of it we are stitched. no strike will happen. hope I'm wrong.

07 Oct 2017, 17:25

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
But there is a certain credibility to the handwritten cardboard signs in my opinion.

I know where you are coming from there TBT.
Something along these lines :-

07 Oct 2017, 17:43

Ok. I like that one. But it won't work for us. I've got a large piece of cardboard and some black markers... what am I going to write??

It's got to be 'hashtag'awesome. Or at least a bit funny and relevant and memorable.

I'm glad I've got almost a couple of weeks to think because I'm not inspired yet.

07 Oct 2017, 17:54

RACE TO THE BOTTOM ? NO THANKS

07 Oct 2017, 17:59

And a picture of Moya racing towards a bottom? It has to be 'hashtag'memorable. I don't like that image...

07 Oct 2017, 18:21

If the 'race to the bottom' theme could somehow incorporate Ussain Bolt, we could be on to a winner.

07 Oct 2017, 18:31

What about
BRING BACK CONSIGNIA

07 Oct 2017, 18:38

The CWU banners and placards are usually pretty dull, say things "official cwu picket line" and the rather imaginative "STRIKE!", I think there's actually a legal framework ( size, font, colours, banality etc) for official merch.

07 Oct 2017, 19:19

Let's hope so, as nothing looks more sadly amateurish than bits of cardboard box torn off at an angle with misspelt slogans, and held up by hand.
The post- Grenfell demo's being perfect examples of this.

07 Oct 2017, 22:19

You're a very angry man.
Perhaps some counselling might help.

07 Oct 2017, 22:35

Been on the Irn-Bru again old boy?

07 Oct 2017, 22:40

Tman wrote:Been on the Irn-Bru again old boy?

I don't drink/eat refined sugar.
My body is a temple.
Less of the old.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2