ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Moving my start time.

07 Sep 2017, 17:56

Basically I've had enough of being trodden on by the bullies that are management. A while back I stopped doing overtime (lets be honest, the more work you do the more they seem to want to give you!) For the past couple of months management have either told me to leave lapsing or, if that wasn't enough, have removed (or left in) part of my duty to allow me to finish on time. All of a sudden, today, they've decided "this can't go on" and have threatened to move my start time. Can they do this and if so is any notice required?

Moving my start time.

07 Sep 2017, 20:14

Are you PT or FT? Do you have a set duty?

Does it compare with anybody else in the office?

They can change your start and finish times, but it has to be reasonable, and can't unfairly discriminate against you e.g. let's have wobbly start at 10am for no good reason when everybody else is starting at 7am on a similar duty structure.

Moving my start time.

07 Sep 2017, 20:54

Are you the only one ? Could be classed as HARRASSMENT , Contact the CWU , ask why and ask for everything in writing just to protect all parties

Moving my start time.

07 Sep 2017, 21:49

norm wrote:Are you PT or FT? Do you have a set duty?

Does it compare with anybody else in the office?

They can change your start and finish times, but it has to be reasonable, and can't unfairly discriminate against you e.g. let's have wobbly start at 10am for no good reason when everybody else is starting at 7am on a similar duty structure.

Full time rural, been on it 6 years! Same start time as the other rurals!
To add there's been 60+ calls added since the last revision.
Last edited by WOBBLY on 07 Sep 2017, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

Moving my start time.

07 Sep 2017, 21:50

TheTrolleyMan wrote:Are you the only one ? Could be classed as HARRASSMENT , Contact the CWU , ask why and ask for everything in writing just to protect all parties

As far as I know I'm the only full timer to be threatened with this!!

Moving my start time.

08 Sep 2017, 15:37

My understanding is that as you have been on the same start times for 6 years this could be seen, in the eyes of employment law, as an implied contract. Therefore you have to agree to the changes.

However, this does not always apply where someone works in an industry that has a trade union with collective bargaining rights.

Basically if your trade union agrees to changes which in effect is a contractual change there is nothing you can do about it.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1