ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

pre industrial action

06 Sep 2017, 19:21

now i''m not 100% certain , but always lead to believe that any management cannot do our work, even down to pushing empty yorks out, but can do delivery at a last resort.
if so, why don't then cwu publish a memo instructing us to stop working until the management stop doing our jobs?
we currently lapse a certain walk where a manager preps most of it, the rest are throwing mail in all over the place and prepping d2d for the other lapsed duties

pre industrial action

06 Sep 2017, 19:36

The CWU needs to stop management doing any OPG work.anytime and protect our jobs , these practices have been ignored for too long

pre industrial action

06 Sep 2017, 19:41

TheTrolleyMan wrote:The CWU needs to stop management doing any OPG work.anytime and protect our jobs , these practices have been ignored for too long

now's the reps chance to step up and us all to step away from frames until they pick their coffees up , it won't happen though

pre industrial action

06 Sep 2017, 19:47

I'm pretty new here so sorry if I offend, however I don't see the problem with managers doing opg work if they've got the time. It's better than standing doing nothing with their arms crossed. I've worked for a few different companies and I've always preferred the manager that rolls up his sleeves and gets stuck in about it like the rest of us. Never liked the lazy ones. Is there a reason that they shouldn't be doing opg work when required?

pre industrial action

06 Sep 2017, 20:12

I have no problem with linos doing OPG work. Some days we have 2 linos and other days 3. That shows the work load is variable and obviously you can't have 2.5 linos so they must be idle at some point. Get them working I say, if RM wants to pay lino rate for OPG work then fine.

pre industrial action

06 Sep 2017, 20:22

The Postman wrote:I'm pretty new here so sorry if I offend, however I don't see the problem with managers doing opg work if they've got the time. It's better than standing doing nothing with their arms crossed. I've worked for a few different companies and I've always preferred the manager that rolls up his sleeves and gets stuck in about it like the rest of us. Never liked the lazy ones. Is there a reason that they shouldn't be doing opg work when required?

1st problem there is do you like someone getting paid more p/h doing exactly the same work?
2nd is all those pt staff who want ft but can't because of them doing OUR JOB
3rd is it's allowing them to lapse more giving us more time walking on the streets
if there's no work for them in management then make the regular posties

pre industrial action

06 Sep 2017, 20:29

Manager doing OPG work shows a complete waste of money. Shareholders wouldn't like that, paying 1.5hrs for 1 hrs work.

The CWU reps should be stopping this, and claiming more hours for the OPGs. CWU want our support, about time the CWU showed support for the OPGs.

pre industrial action

06 Sep 2017, 20:38

Managers must be under employed if they have the time to do OPG work. Maybe getting rid of a few of them would save the company money....Mmmm time to e-mail moya

pre industrial action

06 Sep 2017, 20:40

Stewface wrote:Manager doing OPG work shows a complete waste of money. Shareholders wouldn't like that, paying 1.5hrs for 1 hrs work.

The CWU reps should be stopping this, and claiming more hours for the OPGs. CWU want our support, about time the CWU showed support for the OPGs.

i've been a postman over a decade and cannot remember a day a line manager not working with us,even when the job was good, i got fed up of reporting it to our rep years ago and him ignoring me.
we must be putting valid ideas to them to instruct management this is what's happening now, we won't be doing anything against any agendas or agreements.

pre industrial action

06 Sep 2017, 21:47

world class male wrote:
The Postman wrote:I'm pretty new here so sorry if I offend, however I don't see the problem with managers doing opg work if they've got the time. It's better than standing doing nothing with their arms crossed. I've worked for a few different companies and I've always preferred the manager that rolls up his sleeves and gets stuck in about it like the rest of us. Never liked the lazy ones. Is there a reason that they shouldn't be doing opg work when required?

1st problem there is do you like someone getting paid more p/h doing exactly the same work?
3rd is it's allowing them to lapse more giving us more time walking on the streets

Managers get paid more no matter which industry, they're not doing the same work, this is in addition to their own work. If they can chip in to save paying overtime why wouldn't they? It makes complete business sense. Suggesting that they're taking away pt to ft contracts is ludicrous, let's say there's 2 part timers doing regular full time hours. How can 1 Lino cover both vacancies in addition to his own job? He could only potentially cover one of these. They're not doing anything different than any other industry, so I just don't see what the big problem is.

pre industrial action

06 Sep 2017, 22:23

I was an OPG for many years and got out of the business a few years ago.
It's time you people realised that striking will not protect your jobs infact it willhave the opposite effect
And as for managers doing your jobs..they've been doing them for years. The only way forward is by dialect and common sense. That way all parties will hopefully teach agreement

pre industrial action

06 Sep 2017, 22:25

Taking a 1970s style approach will not get you anywhere

pre industrial action

07 Sep 2017, 04:37

bitterpill wrote: The only way forward is by dialect

Do you mean the negotiators should put on regional accents?
Or does Marxist dialectics explain the current impasse?

I prefer the first:

(Terry) The top of the morning to you Moya. To be sure we don't like the pipeline being moved back.
(Moya) Wh'appen star. I and I gwan move de pipeline fe get more jobs ina Babylon. Seen?

pre industrial action

07 Sep 2017, 04:53

The Postman wrote:
world class male wrote:

Managers get paid more no matter which industry, they're not doing the same work, this is in addition to their own work. If they can chip in to save paying overtime why wouldn't they? It makes complete business sense. Suggesting that they're taking away pt to ft contracts is ludicrous, let's say there's 2 part timers doing regular full time hours. How can 1 Lino cover both vacancies in addition to his own job? He could only potentially cover one of these. They're not doing anything different than any other industry, so I just don't see what the big problem is.

we are not footballers where the better you are the more you get paid, they are there to manage, end of, again, if no work for them, downgrade them to opg.
2 or 3 line managers doing say 4 hours indoor work per day combined would make the need for 4 pt staff being ft or the rest do that work and take away the chance of lapsing
how many times has someone asked for something but they say "later" because they're too busy prepping

pre industrial action

07 Sep 2017, 08:09

bitterpill wrote:Taking a 1970s style approach will not get you anywhere

what do you think we all should do then ? should you think we all sit there and lose pensions ? , do more work for nowt etc ? and be grateful we all have jobs :crazy:

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2