ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

rural duty no training

02 Sep 2017, 18:52

as i read this today
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/1551 ... e_started/
I thought to myself , our dom is putting someone (experienced) out on a rural duty this coming monday with absolutely no training whatsoever .
crazy thing is the person is actually going to try it .
I'm absolutely gobsmacked.

rural duty no training

02 Sep 2017, 18:57

Maybe confusion here between Mansefield Road and Mansefield Crescent :shock: but that's nothing compared to the complexity of a rural duty. :arrrghhh

rural duty no training

02 Sep 2017, 19:03

Lounge Lizard wrote:Maybe confusion here between Mansefield Road and Mansefield Crescent :shock: but that's nothing compared to the complexity of a rural duty. :arrrghhh

tbh here , its like walking into a delivery office , being pushed over a york of mail and parcels and being told "here you go , go and deliver that " beyond belief .

rural duty no training

02 Sep 2017, 21:06

Rural duty with no training? No hope. You can spend half and hour looking for one address if it's up some random lane and has no sign marking property name etc. Waste of time.

In fairness it needn't be that way, if RM had invested in technology to plot out routes and made them accessible by smartphone you could follow the route in real time with GPS and a little app.

rural duty no training

03 Sep 2017, 15:43

Happens all the time in our office. Management think 1 day is sufficient training to be able to prep a walk with a majority of just house names, no numbers etc and then go out and complete on time.

Management are just a joke really.

rural duty no training

03 Sep 2017, 21:03

and they say they are the best company to work for !!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1