ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PAY AND FOUR PILLARS AGREEMENT... HERE

rural duty no training

02 Sep 2017, 17:52

as i read this today
http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/1551 ... e_started/
I thought to myself , our dom is putting someone (experienced) out on a rural duty this coming monday with absolutely no training whatsoever .
crazy thing is the person is actually going to try it .
I'm absolutely gobsmacked.

rural duty no training

02 Sep 2017, 17:57

Maybe confusion here between Mansefield Road and Mansefield Crescent :shock: but that's nothing compared to the complexity of a rural duty. :arrrghhh

rural duty no training

02 Sep 2017, 18:03

Lounge Lizard wrote:Maybe confusion here between Mansefield Road and Mansefield Crescent :shock: but that's nothing compared to the complexity of a rural duty. :arrrghhh

tbh here , its like walking into a delivery office , being pushed over a york of mail and parcels and being told "here you go , go and deliver that " beyond belief .

rural duty no training

02 Sep 2017, 20:06

Rural duty with no training? No hope. You can spend half and hour looking for one address if it's up some random lane and has no sign marking property name etc. Waste of time.

In fairness it needn't be that way, if RM had invested in technology to plot out routes and made them accessible by smartphone you could follow the route in real time with GPS and a little app.

rural duty no training

03 Sep 2017, 14:43

Happens all the time in our office. Management think 1 day is sufficient training to be able to prep a walk with a majority of just house names, no numbers etc and then go out and complete on time.

Management are just a joke really.

rural duty no training

03 Sep 2017, 20:03

and they say they are the best company to work for !!

rural duty no training

03 Dec 2017, 22:27

I'm in the same boat.. no training and expected to get back in time.. I can't do it

rural duty no training

05 Dec 2017, 18:31

(Start Time) ------- (Finish Time) Easy as that :Very Happy

rural duty no training

07 Dec 2017, 11:15

In our office you get always get one day training for any/all new delivery you get moved to. With a rural you might be able to increase that to three days if you justify it but certainly two days. Learning the prep comes with time and when it's house names you're obviously talking weeks to get up to full speed. Learning a new round is always a s*** time and I recommend avoiding it like the plague. I moved from my first DO to my current DO after the union guy had the excellent idea to train me on all the walks in the office - and it was a large office.

rural duty no training

07 Dec 2017, 14:11

I've done rurals, route training is essential otherwise you will get hopelessly lost or worse bitten by dogs that run free in some farms, I've had to drive up to the letter box and push it so the dogs don't get you, a box at the end of a very long lane, these litttle things you need to know.

rural duty no training

07 Dec 2017, 16:45

Kick the Bucket wrote:(Start Time) ------- (Finish Time) Easy as that :Very Happy

Exactly how I roll :thumbup

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1