ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

P/T Working full time hours

11 Aug 2017, 00:15

I have been with RM for almost 4 years as P/T res.
I have Worked full-time 99% of that time but only getting the benefits of a P/T worker.
So I'm guessing if I am working full time that means there must be a full time job to be had in my office.
Each year I have earned over 5K in over time. So why haven't I been offered a full time job and can this be the same in other offices .
I am a P/T reserve with only one P/t ROUTE IN THE OFFICE THAT I WORK.
I am hearing more and more full time places are being replaced with P/T workers how does this add up.
MY pension is shocking its worth £25 a week with RM. I have now got the Union involved and I don't know if this was the right thing to do .
I have lost faith in RM as a company who cares nothing about its work force and I will tell you this I am a worker and I work hard for the company but it seams to be they don't care and that makes me sad . I work my days off to help out , I work my holidays to help out . I work six day weeks to help out . But they don't care .
I am at a cross roads now . Do I say no to over time and the extra cash that I put away for my pension because I don't have a full time earnings . I can't budget cause I don't how many hours am going to work , I work every Saturday . and I do more weekly door to doors than anyone else and get payed less than every one else . Just not fair . And the only time I get my P/T earning Is when I am on holiday and thats when I need the extra cash .
Anyways I had my wee moan I guess am not alone on this matter . thanks for your time.

11 Aug 2017, 01:53

You have not been offered a full time job because week after week you will do full time hours on a part time contract plus overtime working. :arrrghhh :roll:

11 Aug 2017, 09:20

I work my holidays to help out . I work six day weeks to help out . But they don't care .

They would probably think along the lines of "we let him work his holidays and let him work six day weeks but he doesn't care". The truth is neither you nor the employer are working/offering those extra hours for charitable reasons. On a personal level you need to decide what is more important to you. As for the issue of pushing for a full-time contract you'll need to get your area rep involved and be prepared for a fight, you'll need to show that these extra hours should be aligned to a duty and even then depending on seniority it may not be you who ends up with the full-time contract.

11 Aug 2017, 11:42

And you don't get paid less for delivering D2D.

11 Aug 2017, 14:47

Been 7 years always done the same never worked less than 50 hours its corrupt and the unuon wont help u

13 Aug 2017, 03:22

souloy9 wrote:So why haven't I been offered a full time job

Are you next in line? It goes on seniority. Someone who has never worked a minute overtime could get the full time job if they started the day before you.

13 Aug 2017, 07:42

bigal383 wrote:Been 7 years always done the same never worked less than 50 hours its corrupt and the unuon wont help u

How is "never worked less than 50 hours" "corrupt", and who is to blame, the DOM not sharing the work more evenly or you for reducing the chance of more jobs being created ?

14 Aug 2017, 21:18

I would speak to acas about this and lodge a grievance

17 Aug 2017, 22:31

clashcityrocker wrote:And you don't get paid less for delivering D2D.

im 32 hours and my walk has 760 houses on it,the walk its paired with has 680 houses on it.
the person i work with is FT and im PT, i get £19 delivery supplement and he gets about £24.

tbh i dont care about the delivery supplement what i care about is with lapsing we do 1500 houses a day and the walks that link to ours have 1100 and 1023 houses.
there is so much unfair with royal mail it takes the piss

22 Aug 2017, 22:16

2.7.7 The level of part time Employees’ contracted hours will be reviewed by the
Employer and the CWU locally on a six monthly basis. Where appropriate,
increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually
worked and planned.

From the main agreements, it has been done, it can be done, it's just f***ing hard to get it done, reps area divs all need to be in cahoots and on the ball.Does 'that' happen any more?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1