ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

transferring, going from rest weeks to rest days booked leave question

12 Jul 2017, 09:05

I am transferring to a different office soon and going from rest weeks to rest days and I am thinking I am being done out of a few days leave. I will be on annual leave at my old office the week after my rest week and then I transfier out and on my new offices books. As I have used 6 days leave here and, surely I am owed a day back.
Also I have annual leave booked for later in the year, again 6 days, will I be able to get this day back as I only work 5 days a week now?
I appreciate any replies, thanks.

12 Jul 2017, 14:58

The way I see it is the week you have off later in the year at your new office will automatically only use 5 days of your entitlement as you'll be on a 5 day week with a day off, as far as the other week is concerned then if you're still contracted at the old office then you'll still need to use 6 days to enable you to have a week off.

12 Jul 2017, 15:54

ted_e_bear wrote:The way I see it is the week you have off later in the year at your new office will automatically only use 5 days of your entitlement as you'll be on a 5 day week with a day off, as far as the other week is concerned then if you're still contracted at the old office then you'll still need to use 6 days to enable you to have a week off.

Ok so I lose a day then because that is 1 week out of the five that make my week off which I wont be getting because I am on rest days. I will make sure I get the other day back for the 6 days that have been booked

Cheers

12 Jul 2017, 18:31

You will use a weeks worth of hours for a weeks worth of leave - we do not work in days anymore

so if you are 39 hours then you will use 39 hours for a week of leave no matter if that is over 5 or 6 days , so you will not be due anything back

think of it like this 234 hours on a 5 day week is 6 weeks, 234 days on a 6 day week is 5 weeks - it is the hours that count not the days

13 Jul 2017, 20:29

I think you may be wrong on this one. He's gone from a six day week which is made up as follows 39 hours over 5 days and the sixth day being an additional 7 hours 48 minutes which would of been banked towards their rest week. They will have to be given back otherwise they are losing their rest day for the week. This would be equivalent to somebody on a 5 day week working 39 hours over five days and having to work their rest day for nothing. Although he will have to lose the days holiday he's already had, it will alter to the above days any holidays he has at the new office now.They will be owed any rest days they have banked for the weeks they have worked between their rest weeks at the last office

13 Jul 2017, 20:39

It doesn't matter he will still use 39 for a week regardless of how many days it is over - we do not work in days anymore ( for annual leave)

He has already said he will have his rest week then his a/l so he will not be 'owed' any time from this

he will be off for a week, his hours for that week are 39 and he will use 39 hours

When he goes to his new office he will also use 39 hours for a weeks leave - the amount of days is irrelevant it is the number of hours

In our office we have people on 5 day week, 6 day week and 4 day week - when they are off they all use the same amount of leave 39 hours - because that is what their working hours are.

This is one of the reasons leave was transferred to hours rather than days, otherwise you would have someone on a 4 day week only using 4 days for a full week while someone on a 6 day would have used 6.

14 Jul 2017, 17:47

Is there any where this is in writing as my annual leave is down as 23.5 days and I have too use 6 days of leave to equal a week off. Giving me 3 weeks holiday and 5.5 odd days. If what you say is right our Dom is screwing the office over

14 Jul 2017, 18:13

National Agreed Interim Joint Statement covering the Deployment of People System Portal (PSP)

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=69810

Annual leave

There is no material change to the amount of leave which employees are entitled to. Annual leave will continue to be allocated to employees based on the hours they work and their contractual entitlements in terms of leave. However the PSP will record and process annual leave in hours instead of days, meaning that leave entitlements will be reduced by the actual hours and minutes taken – not days as is current practice. This means that leave can now be taken in hours if a full day is not required.

LTB 552/12 People Portal System (PSP)

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=46336

(As above)

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1