ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2016)... HERE

Very very very stressed

15 Feb 2017, 21:33

Just got told by my line manager that I have triggered a stage 3 attendance warning, I had a stage two in October which wasn't issued, but has apprently come up as issued. The manager who dealt with that was only in our office a short time and during the meeting it was agreed between the manager and my union rep to draw a line in the sand and not to issue the stage warning. Neither my rep or myself saw any paperwork to confirm this and now we are obviously chasing it up to seemingly no avail. What is stressing me more is that my line manager is still talking about the situation as a stage 3 and it's starting to get me very very stressed and down, I can't sleep, I have had long term arthritis that's caused me problems and had led to stage 3 before (the last in 2012) but this time I'm worried that it will be the end this time, we have a new dom in the office who knows nothing of my case and equality act status and my last conversation with the line manager today was him requesting me to write down what my problems were. He knows my f***ing problems yet he seemingly acts dumb to just make me feel worse. I feel I'm being led down a blind alley right now all because a useless manager who has since gone elsewhere has either mucked up the paperwork on the stage two in October or just blatantly lied to me and my rep and gone behind our backs and issued it anyway. What can I do! If sense prevailed surely the stage two in October would be changed to not issued and I would now just face a new stage two meeting, but either the managers are too stubborn to accept the truth or they just don't want to admit the mistake that's been made, my rep is on leave this week but every day I'm getting more and more crap off the managers and it's starting to make me so so depressed. I can't lose my job, I would be financially f****d all because someone f****d up. I just want to get on with my job and for this crap to go away. It's not f***ing fair

Very very very stressed

15 Feb 2017, 22:23

So I'm guessing no one gives a s**t, might aswell quit now then I guess..

Very very very stressed

15 Feb 2017, 23:36

I understand it's upsetting but think you should give knowledgable people 24-48 hours to look at the forum/your post and give you some advice

Very very very stressed

16 Feb 2017, 04:32

every stage thats issued needs to be signed if the Manager has put down refused to sign and you are not aware of this you have your Union rep has you witness your Rep should have taken notes on this.
You should of received a copy of the written stage 2 from your Manager if this as not been the case the new Manager should go back to stage 2 not stage 3.
At stage 3 your Area rep should be with you not your office rep so contact you branch. Hope this helps you do not worry Royal Mail as to follow the process and the CWU will there to support you ok

Very very very stressed

16 Feb 2017, 06:41

get the rep in with you and I would use the manager failed to follow procedure and you haven't signed anything , and if you haven't had a return to work or signed for a stage it should to kick out . good luck .

Very very very stressed

16 Feb 2017, 15:24

My suggestion is that you submit a 2nd stage individual grievance form surrounding the circumstances of your 2nd stage formal attendance review that according to you went no where and there is no supporting documentary evidence that this was issued. This will result in your grievance being copied to the Employee Relations Team being copied in on your grievance and a manager at a higher level of authority being appointed to investigate your case. If you have the name of the manager who held your 2nd stage attendance review I would state this in your grievance. I would also request a print out from your PSP on your absence history. You will get this from your line manager. The line manager who interviewed you at the 2nd stage should have written to you inviting you to this meeting and any notes taken. This manager should have also written to you giving his decision on this meeting and recorded on the PSP system therefore you request this information.
Notify your union rep who accompanied you at this meeting and request for this to go to area level.

Very very very stressed

16 Feb 2017, 17:51

chrisdouglas wrote:So I'm guessing no one gives a s**t, might aswell quit now then I guess..

don't panic or stress mate. do as York mover and rehabron have said and you will be fine. they cant issue a stage without your knowledge and there should be minutes from the interview and signed paperwork. this will all be uncovered if it is an RTU (stage 3) and the area rep will smell a rat if they are trying to stitch you.

Very very very stressed

16 Feb 2017, 18:14

Aren't you covered under equality legislation, if your arthritis is causing you these problems,therefore they have to make "reasonable adjustments".

Very very very stressed

16 Feb 2017, 20:25

rehabron wrote:My suggestion is that you submit a 2nd stage individual grievance form surrounding the circumstances of your 2nd stage formal attendance review that according to you went no where and there is no supporting documentary evidence that this was issued. This will result in your grievance being copied to the Employee Relations Team being copied in on your grievance and a manager at a higher level of authority being appointed to investigate your case. If you have the name of the manager who held your 2nd stage attendance review I would state this in your grievance. I would also request a print out from your PSP on your absence history. You will get this from your line manager. The line manager who interviewed you at the 2nd stage should have written to you inviting you to this meeting and any notes taken. This manager should have also written to you giving his decision on this meeting and recorded on the PSP system therefore you request this information.
Notify your union rep who accompanied you at this meeting and request for this to go to area level.

What's from stopping them from suddenly making up the evidence that a stage was issued and later inputting it into the PSP system? Surely that doesn't go on? :roll: ;liar

Very very very stressed

16 Feb 2017, 21:53

Thanks for the responses, the manager who did my stage 2 agreed not to issue it with both myself and my rep. We never saw any paperwork to confirm this. So to now have triggered stage 3 is a shock. My arthritis condition is covered under the equality act so this would be enough to avoid the sack hopefully. But the argument is that I shouldn't be on a stage 3 review, I should be on another stage 2 review as the manager who did my last stage 2 said she wouldn't issue it. It's going to be a case of my rep contacting her on Monday when he returns to clarify that this was the case. Hopefully that will result in the stage 3 being reduced to 2 again. There does seem to be a mistake along the line that needs to be rectified, unfortunately the managers in the office right now wouldn't help their own mothers let alone anyone else. Having thought it through a bit more and seen responses on here Im more confident of the right result. It's just a waiting game until my rep comes back on Monday before we see anything happen

Very very very stressed

17 Feb 2017, 04:25

stop the worrying it do you no good wasted energy, focus on the stage 3 any good Rep will pull this to bits and if they do try to stitch you up you have the appeal process another Manager to look at you case have some faith in the system .

Very very very stressed

17 Feb 2017, 06:33

Just a thought on hindsight you stated that the manager who wanted to draw a line in the sand and allegedly did not issue a stage 2 and was only in your office for a short time its possible that this manager was temporary with the further possibility that he has not been trained on the new attendance procedure going by the lack of paperwork which needs to be investigated and if this is the case then the issuing of the stage 2 will not hold water.

Very very very stressed

19 Feb 2017, 11:44

First of all your health comes first, all companies have rules regarding attendance if at all your health is affected by the job you do then you need to address that, looking at what has been said management have not followed the correct procedure so you should be alright on this occasion but seriously you need to look after number one try applying for other RM jobs whichever way I offer you the best of luck.

Very very very stressed

20 Feb 2017, 14:43

Hi mate
Really sorry that you are being put through the mill like this. You mentioned that you have suffered with arthritis. Have you been assessed by occupational health and received a consideration of disability?
The reason I ask is that absences relating to disability are normally discounted.

Very very very stressed

26 Feb 2017, 16:07

chrisdouglas wrote:Thanks for the responses, the manager who did my stage 2 agreed not to issue it with both myself and my rep. We never saw any paperwork to confirm this. So to now have triggered stage 3 is a shock. My arthritis condition is covered under the equality act so this would be enough to avoid the sack hopefully. But the argument is that I shouldn't be on a stage 3 review, I should be on another stage 2 review as the manager who did my last stage 2 said she wouldn't issue it. It's going to be a case of my rep contacting her on Monday when he returns to clarify that this was the case. Hopefully that will result in the stage 3 being reduced to 2 again. There does seem to be a mistake along the line that needs to be rectified, unfortunately the managers in the office right now wouldn't help their own mothers let alone anyone else. Having thought it through a bit more and seen responses on here Im more confident of the right result. It's just a waiting game until my rep comes back on Monday before we see anything happen

When a stage is issued you should have note's which need to be signed by both parties one is kept by you the other by the employer in the event of an RTU these notes are evidence but even if this fails you can go to a tribunal most possibly at your own cost but if they do not have these notes of the interview or post decision they are in the wrong AS THEY WILL NOT HAVE EVIDENCE CASE CLOSED.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1