ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

600 drivers question

15 Feb 2017, 19:46

If there is a repick of 600 drivers are the ones on night drives ring fenced due to the night allowance they receive.

600 drivers question

15 Feb 2017, 20:57

My understanding is under MTSF they are but it depends on the office. In Theory MTSF rules apply as it makes more business sense to and I'd be surprised if a re-pick didn't adher to MTSF I did hear that One office recent re-pick was not done on MTSF but another did it on MTSF. Obviously its down to the local management and union to agree terms it seems. MTSF also applies even on nights as some people work sundays and others don't. Speak to your local CWU rep and see what they say. If not happy complain to branch and then take it further if not happy

600 drivers question

16 Feb 2017, 06:36

harrybean wrote:If there is a repick of 600 drivers are the ones on night drives ring fenced due to the night allowance they receive.

The repick will be based on assigned allowances first and the length of time that individual has held the allowance given priority. They are not actually ring fenced just that they would hold the highest assigned allowances because of night shift. For example N/S driver( A) has 20 years service and held the N/S allowance for 10 years. driver (B) has 15years service and held the N/S allowance for 15 years. Driver (B) would be first to pick over driver (A) as having held the N/S allowance for 5 years greater which would have a severe impact on his financial situation more than driver (A). From a business sense RM would want to accommodate all their N/S driving staff into N/S duties unless they volunteer to change shifts so that they are not paying unnecessary N/S pay protection to a driver who in the repick are unable to fill a N/S driving duty.

600 drivers question

18 Feb 2017, 13:12

Hi Rehabron have mentioned this to the powers that be but they want to see it in writing,is there a download i can show them? Thanks for getting back to me.

600 drivers question

19 Feb 2017, 02:19

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=78034&start=0

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1