not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

LTB 511/16 - Annual Leave/Resourcing Guidelines

10 Sep 2017, 13:47

feduppostie wrote:You can only carry a maximum of 1 week over in special circumstances

A few guys in my office (MC) carrying anything up to twenty (yes 20) days in lieu and have great difficulty
getting time off , one guy applied for fifteen days owing to him as he was going to the Far East on holiday
only to be told he could'nt get the Fridays off although he could have the Fridays off if he took Special Leave
without pay .People outwith Royal Mail think your at the wind- up when you tell them these stories. You really
could'nt make these things up but RM do .

13 Sep 2017, 21:15

bloot wrote:dont even get a choice of holidays , they are just allocated and thats that !

you should have a preference form once a year.

13 Sep 2017, 22:16

k979aaa wrote:
bloot wrote:dont even get a choice of holidays , they are just allocated and thats that !

never heard of this , been with royal mail for a few years now and just accepted the way it has been . allocated holidays in two blocks , block of two weeks and a block of three and told that if i want to change them i have to try and swap time with another colleague .

13 Sep 2017, 22:39

bloot wrote:
k979aaa wrote:

never heard of this , been with royal mail for a few years now and just accepted the way it has been . allocated holidays in two blocks , block of two weeks and a block of three and told that if i want to change them i have to try and swap time with another colleague .

Poorly run office see your union rep if you don't have one consider yourself at least you will get a handle on how it is run if nothing more!

20 Sep 2017, 16:34

Been in Royal Mail a long time now but have always had a leave preference form usually have to put down lots of choices depending if its seniority or juniority year last couple of years they have let everyone have their first choice for 2 weeks summer leave which is better

21 Sep 2017, 14:51

First post so hope I make sense :Very Happy
We have 5 leave reserves but only 5 slots in the summer months. Most times 4 or 3 because they keep reserves back in case its busy. Is this standard because it restricts peoples picks. Not everyone wants summer.
Thanks.

26 Sep 2017, 23:03

Neverwasadoor wrote:First post so hope I make sense :Very Happy
We have 5 leave reserves but only 5 slots in the summer months. Most times 4 or 3 because they keep reserves back in case its busy. Is this standard because it restricts peoples picks. Not everyone wants summer.
Thanks.

Seems a bit weird to me, has your rep seen this doc, if not send it to him

27 Sep 2017, 20:56

Thanks for response
Unfortunately local rep and area rep are going along with it ( I think for a quiet life).
I just can't understand it. As I see it we have 5 leave reserves there should be five slots open per week.
I didn't think slots could be closed for traffic or unforeseen sick.

27 Sep 2017, 23:49

Ok,the amount of reserves you have does not necessarily mean it's the same amount of leave slots.
Leave slots should use the formula in the 1st post.
There is no closure for sickness or 'traffic weeks' whatever that is.Only closure is for xmas pressure weeks.

29 Sep 2017, 15:44

How can you close weeks for traffic or sick if you're booking your holidays a year in advance? Are they psychic? Anyway unforseens are what loaners are for. We get them in from time to time if we have too many sick.

29 Sep 2017, 17:30

We have ended up with 5 batches (leave reserve on each). Each batch has got weeks blanked out in different places - so the whole year is blanked out over the 5 batches, so they have a spare member of staff for busy or unforeseen.
This does my head in as it restricts picks.
It has been given greenlight by local and area rep. I want to take it further but don't know who to go to and people are desperate to get started.
Most of us are 20 years plus so have 6 weeks :sad:

04 Oct 2017, 12:28

Neverwasadoor wrote:We have ended up with 5 batches (leave reserve on each). Each batch has got weeks blanked out in different places - so the whole year is blanked out over the 5 batches, so they have a spare member of staff for busy or unforeseen.
This does my head in as it restricts picks.
It has been given greenlight by local and area rep. I want to take it further but don't know who to go to and people are desperate to get started.
Most of us are 20 years plus so have 6 weeks :sad:

Weird, never heard of this, needs to go to DIV rep next, contact HQ to get who your DIV rep is.

04 Oct 2017, 20:20

What are the rules/guidelines for married couples getting the same annual leave weeks off together?
Is there a limit?
Do they have to arrange at least a few weeks where they're guaranteed to be off at the same time?

09 Sep 2018, 14:00

landohairspray wrote:What are the rules/guidelines for married couples getting the same annual leave weeks off together?
Is there a limit?
Do they have to arrange at least a few weeks where they're guaranteed to be off at the same time?

Cannot see why married couples in RM should be allowed same weeks off, I’m married so what’s the difference?

23 Oct 2018, 15:08

Hi not been on a while ,
today we recieved our annual leave sheet to pick our first two weeks , Reading the guidlines it seems the annual leave pick should be completed by end of this month , if this is correct , as our manager is saying we are unable to book holidays until all leave has been picked .
my argument is our leave pick should have started beginning of october .
2. in the xmas period we know we are not allowed to take annual leave in december , but upon giving our leave sheets they have blacked out from Nov 26th is this correct

Thank you
Essex mum

25 Oct 2018, 14:58

music4essex wrote:Hi not been on a while ,
today we recieved our annual leave sheet to pick our first two weeks , Reading the guidlines it seems the annual leave pick should be completed by end of this month , if this is correct , as our manager is saying we are unable to book holidays until all leave has been picked .
my argument is our leave pick should have started beginning of october .
2. in the xmas period we know we are not allowed to take annual leave in december , but upon giving our leave sheets they have blacked out from Nov 26th is this correct

Thank you
Essex mum

The national agreement states only 4 weeks to be blocked out, our dopey rep agreed to block 5 weeks out for xmas 2019(nice bloke)

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2