not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

LTB 511/16 - Annual Leave/Resourcing Guidelines

01 Apr 2017, 12:26

In our office there are still around 50 posties yet to pick their last 3 weeks leave, just when we are about to start week 2 of the leave year. An utter disgrace.

21 Aug 2017, 14:42

I have annual leave left over from last year - can management force me to use it up rather than carrying it over into the next annual leave year? I don't want to take any of the remaining weeks available on the leave sheet.

21 Aug 2017, 14:58

You can only carry a maximum of 1 week over in special circumstances

21 Aug 2017, 16:22

Unfortunately, as the law stands yes they can tell you when to take leave as long as they give you enough notice. A least as much notice as the length of the leave.

As I say this isn't just Royal Mail, it's the law of the land.

Also if you refuse to take the carried over leave as instructed before the end of this leave year, you could lose it outright as they have given you the option of taking it and in effect, you have voluntarily surrendered the leave. This part is only an opinion so you may want to get advice from professionals or ACAS.

22 Aug 2017, 21:11

dont even get a choice of holidays , they are just allocated and thats that !

10 Sep 2017, 12:47

feduppostie wrote:You can only carry a maximum of 1 week over in special circumstances

A few guys in my office (MC) carrying anything up to twenty (yes 20) days in lieu and have great difficulty
getting time off , one guy applied for fifteen days owing to him as he was going to the Far East on holiday
only to be told he could'nt get the Fridays off although he could have the Fridays off if he took Special Leave
without pay .People outwith Royal Mail think your at the wind- up when you tell them these stories. You really
could'nt make these things up but RM do .

13 Sep 2017, 20:15

bloot wrote:dont even get a choice of holidays , they are just allocated and thats that !

you should have a preference form once a year.

13 Sep 2017, 21:16

k979aaa wrote:
bloot wrote:dont even get a choice of holidays , they are just allocated and thats that !

never heard of this , been with royal mail for a few years now and just accepted the way it has been . allocated holidays in two blocks , block of two weeks and a block of three and told that if i want to change them i have to try and swap time with another colleague .

13 Sep 2017, 21:39

bloot wrote:
k979aaa wrote:

never heard of this , been with royal mail for a few years now and just accepted the way it has been . allocated holidays in two blocks , block of two weeks and a block of three and told that if i want to change them i have to try and swap time with another colleague .

Poorly run office see your union rep if you don't have one consider yourself at least you will get a handle on how it is run if nothing more!

20 Sep 2017, 15:34

Been in Royal Mail a long time now but have always had a leave preference form usually have to put down lots of choices depending if its seniority or juniority year last couple of years they have let everyone have their first choice for 2 weeks summer leave which is better

21 Sep 2017, 13:51

First post so hope I make sense :Very Happy
We have 5 leave reserves but only 5 slots in the summer months. Most times 4 or 3 because they keep reserves back in case its busy. Is this standard because it restricts peoples picks. Not everyone wants summer.
Thanks.

26 Sep 2017, 22:03

Neverwasadoor wrote:First post so hope I make sense :Very Happy
We have 5 leave reserves but only 5 slots in the summer months. Most times 4 or 3 because they keep reserves back in case its busy. Is this standard because it restricts peoples picks. Not everyone wants summer.
Thanks.

Seems a bit weird to me, has your rep seen this doc, if not send it to him

27 Sep 2017, 19:56

Thanks for response
Unfortunately local rep and area rep are going along with it ( I think for a quiet life).
I just can't understand it. As I see it we have 5 leave reserves there should be five slots open per week.
I didn't think slots could be closed for traffic or unforeseen sick.

27 Sep 2017, 22:49

Ok,the amount of reserves you have does not necessarily mean it's the same amount of leave slots.
Leave slots should use the formula in the 1st post.
There is no closure for sickness or 'traffic weeks' whatever that is.Only closure is for xmas pressure weeks.

29 Sep 2017, 14:44

How can you close weeks for traffic or sick if you're booking your holidays a year in advance? Are they psychic? Anyway unforseens are what loaners are for. We get them in from time to time if we have too many sick.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3