not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Re: Unauthorised and Illegal Use of Private Cars on Delivery

25 Mar 2014, 17:47

Excellent letter from Dave but unfortunately it will fall on deaf ears.

Re: Unauthorised and Illegal Use of Private Cars on Delivery

05 Jun 2014, 16:45

i complained about some in our unit who were getting paid two extra hours for using there car to do delivery nothing was done so i entered the i/r framework and within two days result no one to take there car out to deliver and cannot take there car to first or last point of delivery so when they come to work in there car it stays there till they finish there duty the managers have been heavily warned so get on the i/r framework thats what it is there for good luck

Unauthorised and Illegal Use of Private Cars on Delivery

16 Mar 2017, 16:10

Just watch the amount of private cars parked on the main road on Saturday morning , but they've all disappeared at 9am . Weird that !

15 May 2018, 19:45

I take exception to being asked to use for own car at any point connected with the job.

Firstly, I am not insured.
Secondly, Why the hell should I? I don't get my fuel paid for!

Totally and utterly unacceptable!

16 May 2018, 13:07

This isn't allowed to happen. Whoever is asking you to do this should be for the high jump!

09 Oct 2018, 18:51

I was told last week i was going to be trained as a floater as someone more senior had transferred in and they would have to train him on the duty i have done the last 4 years but not signed for.i was happy with this as it would mean more and would be more valuable when it came to ot.when i arrived in this morning my dom started taking about business insurance for my car i told him i will not be using my car and assumed i would be provided with a van.he told me he had nothing for me and i went home.he has since called and said they dont have much for me now.where do i stand?im on a 31hr contract and with rm 11 years.

10 Oct 2018, 12:21

Joewaa wrote:I was told last week i was going to be trained as a floater as someone more senior had transferred in and they would have to train him on the duty i have done the last 4 years but not signed for.i was happy with this as it would mean more and would be more valuable when it came to ot.when i arrived in this morning my dom started taking about business insurance for my car i told him i will not be using my car and assumed i would be provided with a van.he told me he had nothing for me and i went home.he has since called and said they dont have much for me now.where do i stand?im on a 31hr contract and with rm 11 years.

Contact your rep, you should still be paid - and I would turn up for work every day except your day off.

12 Oct 2018, 19:57

Joewaa wrote:I was told last week i was going to be trained as a floater as someone more senior had transferred in and they would have to train him on the duty i have done the last 4 years but not signed for.i was happy with this as it would mean more and would be more valuable when it came to ot.when i arrived in this morning my dom started taking about business insurance for my car i told him i will not be using my car and assumed i would be provided with a van.he told me he had nothing for me and i went home.he has since called and said they dont have much for me now.where do i stand?im on a 31hr contract and with rm 11 years.

DOM sounds a right tosspot. He does have something for you, the floater vacancy else you shouldn't have someone transferring in.

20 Nov 2018, 07:25

Our managers use their cars to deliver walks when there is a staff shortage, I saw 2 managers go out yesterday each with a car full.

Isn’t that defeating the object. Plus unless they pay for work use on their own insurance policy, they aren’t covered.

06 Jan 2019, 18:27

are royal mail vans insured for private use,driving to and from work whilst not on duty or parked in a street overnight instead of a yard or on private property,

06 Jan 2019, 19:22

UNION JACK wrote:are royal mail vans insured for private use,driving to and from work whilst not on duty or parked in a street overnight instead of a yard or on private property,

Yes as long as the overnight retention policy has been followed including a risk assessment of the parking arrangements.

05 Feb 2019, 00:57

It's still happening at my delivery office and hasn't stopped staff and management..

22 May 2019, 13:09

The irony of this is that some work vans are not fit for purpose. This is a major issue.

23 May 2019, 20:34

What if management are taking posties out in their cars to drop them off for delivery?

09 Jun 2019, 02:28

jd9442 wrote:What if management are taking posties out in their cars to drop them off for delivery?

Do they have mail bags in the back ? Do they have insurance for work business cover? If not what does the managers above them say about it will they wash their hands of it if god forbid an accident/incident occurs? We can only guess about the implications of such as with the chief inspector of the police they must all go to the same masonic lodge we will never know!

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 3   1, 2, 3