not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Re: Unagreed Pareto/Performance Tool

30 Jul 2011, 13:39

cheers for that ,big help .

03 Aug 2011, 20:56

Problem is my area rep is useless dosen't have a clue and dosen't like taking thing's up furthure you ask him a question and get differnet answers all the time,

11 Aug 2011, 15:16

Dear Colleagues

Please see the email from Bob Gibson below on this matter.

Reps will recall that I sent out previously hard copies of info on this issue. Please remain vigilant and challenge all and any unagreed testing methods . Remember that only the IPS agreement holds the field and if anyone would like a copy please let me know. The concern is that as traffic volumes increase in the Autumn that management will start to pressure and bully members in the absence of putting in enough hours into delivery offices.

Keep in touch with your Area Rep for advice.

####

================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Billy

I spoke with Rob Jenson this morning regarding Pareto following his visit to N. Ireland. He confirmed that the only process to be used is the National Agreement - Individual Performance Standards (IPS) and this will be dealt with sensitively. There will be no displaying of any information relating to any individuals performance. If performance issues are identified in line with IPS then this will dealt with through counselling and where necessary training. We also discussed IWT and he confirmed that the IWT is an office based performance measure and not a measure of individual performance.

I anticipate that this should resolve the problem. However if this proves not to be the case then let me know ASAP and also advise our members not to participate.

Regards

Bob Gibson CWU Assistant Secretary - Outdoor

Outdoor Postal Dept CWU HQ 150 The Broadway
Wimbledon London SW19 1RX
Tel: 0208 971 7276 Fax: 0208 254 8577
CWU Website: http://www.cwu.org/

http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... e_Intr.pdf

================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Re: Unagreed Pareto/Performance Tool:Abuse of IWT

05 Aug 2012, 15:51

Following the introduction of Individual Performance Standards, managers and employees should have a clear understanding of what the standards are and what is expected of them. Therefore there will not be a requirement to carry out formal performance checks on fully trained employees, giving managers the opportunity to focus on their principal leadership skills.

Fully trained employees should NOT be subjected to checks unless they have been away from that type of task for some time. I don't know what it is with RM Managers who seem to have an unhealthy disregard for agreements and lack any faith in the commitment of the OPGs who report to them.

05 Aug 2012, 16:08

Budfrog wrote:I don't know what it is with RM Managers who seem to have an unhealthy disregard for agreements and lack any faith in the commitment of the OPGs who report to them.

Well no-one likes to blame themselves for failure and it's not a wise career move to blame your superiors so that only leaves............the commitment of the OPGs who report to them.

11 Apr 2013, 21:34

POSTMAN wrote:It hasn't gone out as a LTB yet has it?

No. :left:

18 Oct 2015, 00:14

Hello geezer,

Would you pass me the the Individual Performance Standards Agreement please

Many Thanks

18 Oct 2015, 07:50

sharktc wrote:Hello geezer,

Would you pass me the the Individual Performance Standards Agreement please

Many Thanks

its in the link at the bottom of Geezers first post in the thread :Very Happy

18 Oct 2015, 09:46

Thank you

Unagreed Pareto/Performance Tool:Abuse of IWT

11 Aug 2016, 18:38

Hey guys, I don't know if maybe I've gotten confused by this, but is this what the managers are talking about when they say traffic is lowest it's ever been and you should be finished early?

I've been double prepping a walk that the duty holder often claims overtime on, I should know as it worked with him for a while! The first day I was double prepping a manager kept overlooking me and writing on his notepad. I questioned this and they said that they were comparing me to the duty holder, first of all is that o.k? I felt extremely shocked and intimidated to be used as bait in a witch hunt against a guy who does the job as it should be done. I was told that my prepping time is faster and that this would be used against the duty holder, I come in on my time too and just do the prepping at a speed that I do it at.

But the my main question, I went over that first day and claimed the OT and as soon as I arrived the next morning I got the 'Why did you claim 15 minutes, the traffic was the lowest it's been in years'. They then said that they would show me the IWT in his office this morning to prove that traffic was low. They never did show me. Is this what this agreement is about, using traffic and IWT to monitor individual performances or have I been mistaken? Could I use this in my defence when the next harassment comes about?

11 Aug 2016, 19:03

yes you have it spot on

Don't forget to use the rep as well

13 Aug 2016, 15:39

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:yes you have it spot on

Don't forget to use the rep as well

Thanks TBT. I already spoke to the rep that day and I've not heard a word from that manager since, but I will certainly use this if I ever hear about traffic and IWT again.

16 Sep 2016, 18:20

The IWT gets abused all the time... every... single... day

For example, we got one guy who only ever gets set to prep his own frame whilst someone else who starts/finishes at the same time is having to prep nearly 2 frames. When you consider the fact that the deliveries are about the same in terms of number of calls/loops etc. then where is the fairness in that??

10 Oct 2016, 16:20

Did this go out as LTB, in my office the jobs that complete are having the IWT thrown at them and blaming the indoor and not outdoor element. I keep telling them it cannot be used to measure an individuals performance at their prep fitting. I would like to print out the Bob Gibson email but would like a more professional copy ie. LTB.

Also, one of the boys in work got hauled in the office because according to the DOM he only sorted 7 items of mail per minute in the time he was at his fitting in total. The DOM said he was at his fitting for 110 minutes and based on the total items he received it equated to 7 a minute. They counted all of his items for this day (mech, manual, flats , d2ds and packets) to get to this 7 per minute figure. The DOM reckons the standard is 13-14 per minute? How did he get this figure? I think he must have used the IWT and divided the total items he received by the time the IWT said he should take to prep, to get this average.

25 Oct 2016, 23:53

No LTB, but if wanted, copy/paste it to uncle Bob (he luv's a copy/paste) to get an official answer from a CWU email address.

26 Oct 2016, 16:31

postman_jack wrote:Did this go out as LTB, in my office the jobs that complete are having the IWT thrown at them and blaming the indoor and not outdoor element. I keep telling them it cannot be used to measure an individuals performance at their prep fitting. I would like to print out the Bob Gibson email but would like a more professional copy ie. LTB.

Also, one of the boys in work got hauled in the office because according to the DOM he only sorted 7 items of mail per minute in the time he was at his fitting in total. The DOM said he was at his fitting for 110 minutes and based on the total items he received it equated to 7 a minute. They counted all of his items for this day (mech, manual, flats , d2ds and packets) to get to this 7 per minute figure. The DOM reckons the standard is 13-14 per minute? How did he get this figure? I think he must have used the IWT and divided the total items he received by the time the IWT said he should take to prep, to get this average.

But work comes in drib's and drab's and he may have to go find the work "boxes empty them and carry them it is an arbitrary figure by someone who deals in figures all day"

26 Oct 2016, 16:50

Like all IWT driven figures it's a "should take" time, shooda, wooda, cooda....
It should only take me 30 seconds when I go for that first piss in the morning...ahh those were the days.

01 Feb 2017, 18:13

Bump for hampshire....

10 May 2018, 21:58

The link at the bottom of Geezer's post is dead, is it possible to get an update on this?

09 Jun 2018, 12:01

Alexei wrote:The link at the bottom of Geezer's post is dead, is it possible to get an update on this?

Added IPS agreement.

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4