not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Re: Unagreed Pareto/Performance Tool

22 Jul 2011, 19:52

what is pareto?

i have heard the words "pegasus" and "georoute" but not pareto.

somebody been out shopping?

22 Jul 2011, 20:16

At a Pareto efficient allocation (on the Pareto frontier), the marginal rate of substitution is the same for all consumers. A formal statement can be derived by considering a system with m consumers and n goods, and a utility function of each consumer as zi = fi(xi) where is the vector of goods, both for all i. The supply constraint is written for . To optimize this problem, the Lagrangian is used:

where λ and Γ are multipliers.

Taking the partial derivative of the Lagrangian with respect to one good, i, and then taking the partial derivative of the Lagrangian with respect to another good, j, gives the following system of equations:

where ƒx is the marginal utility on ƒ' of x (the partial derivative of ƒ with respect to x).

22 Jul 2011, 20:19

wayoutman wrote:what is pareto?

Bet you wish you'd never asked now.
Ask your lino about it tomorrow. I'm sure he will be able to give you a simple explanation.

22 Jul 2011, 20:20

Also called the 80 / 20 law. 80% of worlds wealth is held by 20% of population. In RM 80% of the work is done by 20% of the workforce......possibly. :oops:

22 Jul 2011, 20:25

80% of complaints probably do come from 20% of customers.

22 Jul 2011, 20:28

80% of the office moan about the other 20%

22 Jul 2011, 20:38

I've just read 20% of Postman's posts and 80% were rubbish.

22 Jul 2011, 21:42

80 % of bonuses go to less than 20 % of workforce

I'll call that the Parasite principle

22 Jul 2011, 22:11

80% of Avatars are ok,19.99 are okable 0.1 get...

23 Jul 2011, 14:16

jessicarabbit wrote:At a Pareto efficient allocation (on the Pareto frontier), the marginal rate of substitution is the same for all consumers. A formal statement can be derived by considering a system with m consumers and n goods, and a utility function of each consumer as zi = fi(xi) where is the vector of goods, both for all i. The supply constraint is written for . To optimize this problem, the Lagrangian is used:

Taking the partial derivative of the Lagrangian with respect to one good, i, and then taking the partial derivative of the Lagrangian with respect to another good, j, gives the following system of equations:

where ƒx is the marginal utility on ƒ' of x (the partial derivative of ƒ with respect to x).

aye. thats what i thought.

23 Jul 2011, 14:25

jessicarabbit wrote:At a Pareto efficient allocation (on the Pareto frontier), the marginal rate of substitution is the same for all consumers. A formal statement can be derived by considering a system with m consumers and n goods, and a utility function of each consumer as zi = fi(xi) where is the vector of goods, both for all i. The supply constraint is written for . To optimize this problem, the Lagrangian is used:

........... is this available in Welsh ? :cuppa

23 Jul 2011, 16:22

Pinky 1 wrote:

Be nice if it was available in English :Very Happy

23 Jul 2011, 16:23

Bloody Hell Jessica expect a call from Rupert Murdoch, he needs someone to confuse them MPs.

24 Jul 2011, 02:27

Steviea34 wrote:
fishtank wrote:That's not individual performance stevie.....it's individual duty resourcing.
It's purely a "should take" measurement not a target that members have to meet.
It was never designed to measure performance.

Sorry fishtank, but what is the difference between
" should take time" and a performance measure.

It's the nueanced distinction we're reduced to making since we agreed to use IWT without getting movement from RM on their unreasonable performance standards first. :arrrghhh
clashcityrocker wrote:One is a conduct issue, the other isn't.

Thought it was a retraining issue?

24 Jul 2011, 07:21

Pinky 1 wrote:

Here you pinky in Welsh :

Ar dyraniad Pareto effeithlon (ar y ffin Pareto), y gyfradd ymylol y cyfnewid yr un fath ar gyfer yr holl ddefnyddwyr. Gall datganiad ffurfiol yn deillio drwy ystyried system gyda defnyddwyr m a nwyddau n, ac un o swyddogaethau gwasanaethau o bob defnyddiwr fel Zi = fi (xi) lle yn y fector o nwyddau, ar gyfer pob i. Mae'r cyfyngiad cyflenwad ei ysgrifennu ar gyfer. Er mwyn gwneud y gorau y broblem hon, mae'r Lagrangian yn cael ei ddefnyddio:

lle λ a Γ yn lluosyddion.

Gan gymryd y deilliad rhannol y Lagrangian mewn perthynas ag un da, i, ac yna cymryd y deilliad rhannol y Lagrangian o ran arall da, j, yn rhoi'r canlynol i'r system o hafaliadau:

lle ƒx yw'r cyfleustod ymylol ar ƒ 'x (deilliad rhannol ƒ mewn perthynas ag x).
:Very Happy :cuppa

24 Jul 2011, 15:25

That's got to be a Google translation postmanplod .... aint it ? Although there's no direct translation between the languages we can usually understand each other. Then again, in this case i'm none the wiser :crazy: :chuckle :chuckle

26 Jul 2011, 18:03

So our office is stating that the IWT is an individual performance tool. Thus they are saying we can't cut off and leave mail because the traffic etc says it is achievable. Our managers insist that they are being told by the upper echelon that it's an individual tool to measure performance.

26 Jul 2011, 21:08

Postal1 wrote:So our office is stating that the IWT is an individual performance tool. Thus they are saying we can't cut off and leave mail because the traffic etc says it is achievable. Our managers insist that they are being told by the upper echelon that it's an individual tool to measure performance.

tell him otherwise, put the ball in his court and work your hours.
what can he do? :cuppa

26 Jul 2011, 22:14

Postal1 wrote:So our office is stating that the IWT is an individual performance tool. Thus they are saying we can't cut off and leave mail because the traffic etc says it is achievable. Our managers insist that they are being told by the upper echelon that it's an individual tool to measure performance.

I'm sure they are.
What a surprise.
Anyone who is not a senior union official surprised about this. :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

If they say you must take everything out, then thats fine.
Just be sure to inform them that you do not intend to work overtime, and that you don't consider it acheavable.
(i know it's eaiser said than done but try not to have an argument about it just tell them matter of fact.)

Then return to the office at your finnishing time with anything you have still to deliver.
If you return undelverd mail to the office you must inform them about it on your return, but you can return mail to the office!

PS. On the occasions that IWT and Pegasus say that workload is achievable in contracted hours are they paying O/T to staff who work extended?

27 Jul 2011, 22:08

Do managers understand the performance tool or have RM just made it up ???? Computer packages don't work.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4