not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

15 Feb 2007, 22:47

Whilst i agree that that is a lot of money.Don,t forget that our job is one of the last labour handling left.
The union have maintained a weekly pay,no clocking in & out.No swings & roundabouts.
A big increase in wages in the last 5 years. Addressing our London Weighting issues.Abolishing bullying.
Putting in a 3 and a half hour delivery span,(rather than a five hour one by Royal Mail).
Over-seeing all revisions and adhering to it,s parameters.
Take for an example one firm in London advertising their staff,s jobs on the internet....and NOT TELLING THEM!

15 Feb 2007, 23:13

Fishyfingers wrote:we've not had rep in our office for about five years now and i know a there's a few that have stopped paying cos they don't see the union doing anything for us.
:oops: Anyone who becomes a rep has to take responsibility and needs plenty of spare time, Younger members who tend to have family etc. don't have the time. If no one in your unit is not prepared to pick up the baton don't blame anyone but yourselves. :no no

15 Feb 2007, 23:34

Go to the CWU website members section, check out 'letter to Branches', and you'll see the accounts published every year.

In addition to the replies above, have a think about the new driver's deal - it puts them on nearly £10 an hour. Business Post drivers doing the same job get £5.25 (minimum wage) an hour.

The only difference between the two is that one lot are in a Union, the others aint.

16 Feb 2007, 00:04

I think that most of us realise that if we didn't have a Union then yes we would be screwed,also this isn't an anti union thread.
Every where you go there are lots of people complaining about them,and when i say them,i mean head office.
Locally,as in our units there doesn't seem to be a big problem,i've worked under about 4 and they are reps for the workers not themselves.
Although i do know of problems with some of them,one office i know of,the rep is so bad they want him done over,but these are few and far between i presume.

I'm not anti union,locally they have helped me loads of times,nationally,they have done okish,personally i feel they could do better,and ironically communicate better.

16 Feb 2007, 08:22

Well said Postman.It,s true,i believe that nationally things could be done better.Locally,like REAL issues
i think our reps do quite well.But it is the union nationally that are really training and funding the training
for these reps.When they get a days release for the training,the union have to pay Royal Mail for THAT day.
They really do encourage more IR/Attendance/Conduct courses

27 Feb 2007, 14:49

kwikpost wrote:well the email has ben sent so i`ll wait and see what they have to say in their reply.

Any news Kwik? you still alive :neutral:
Apparently if you was to go to an A.G.M ,all accounts for your branch will be published there,got that today.

27 Feb 2007, 14:57

POSTMAN wrote:
kwikpost wrote:well the email has ben sent so i`ll wait and see what they have to say in their reply.

Any news Kwik? you still alive :neutral:
Apparently if you was to go to an A.G.M ,all accounts for your branch will be published there,got that today.

nop. to be honest i forgot all about it. i`ve even checked to see if it went to my spam box but no. nothing.

18 Apr 2007, 14:45

http://135.196.251.180/uploads/members/ ... 202007.pdf

READ FINACE SECTION 0F 2007 ANNUAL REPORT

2006 accounts not yet finalised, i will publish as soon as possible or provide link if they go online

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2