not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

What will you be doing on the strike day ?

Poll ended at 29 Jun 2007, 13:26

Striking
71%
Working as normal
1%
On holiday / Scheduled day off / Off sick
27%

Total votes : 73

23 Jun 2007, 15:49

Our union rep told one guy whose rest day is next friday that if he seen on picket line by DOM would lose a days pay :mad Can someone on here clarify his postion :sad:

23 Jun 2007, 16:20

brisomerset wrote:Our union rep told one guy whose rest day is next friday that if he seen on picket line by DOM would lose a days pay :mad Can someone on here clarify his postion :sad:

He's on a set number of contracted hours which he will have performed by close of play on Saturday 30 June. They can't stop him any pay at all.

23 Jun 2007, 21:31

I'm actually going to be in Wales, camping ( and drinking & shagging sheep - when in Rome, and all that :D ), but I'll be trying to find the location of the nearest DO & join the picket there, if they'll have me.

dedication

23 Jun 2007, 21:42

well done smokerjim another example of dedication.

kwack

23 Jun 2007, 21:45

cheers kwak,

we are as one.

23 Jun 2007, 21:58

our rep is on leave next week, it's been booked for some time, he offered to change his week but the DUM told him "you can't change your leave, you will not come to work next week and if you set foot on Royal Mail property any time next week I'll immediately suspend you"

How's that for throwing your toys out the pram

Of course the rep will come in, he'll stand just outside the gate where they can't touch him. . . . . nice :Applause

Re: dedication

23 Jun 2007, 21:58

cornishrep wrote:well done smokerjim another example of dedication.

All I need to know now is where is the nearest DO to Shell Island? :dance

23 Jun 2007, 22:00

smokerjim wrote:I'm actually going to be in Wales, camping ( and drinking & shagging sheep - when in Rome, and all that :D ), but I'll be trying to find the location of the nearest DO & join the picket there, if they'll have me.

take your high vis jacket or they'll just think your some kinda weirdo wanting to talk to someone. . . . . they may have a point of course

shirt

23 Jun 2007, 22:03

or wear the new pink shirt you'll be ok then :Very Happy

23 Jun 2007, 22:05

billypants wrote:
smokerjim wrote:I'm actually going to be in Wales, camping ( and drinking & shagging sheep - when in Rome, and all that :D ), but I'll be trying to find the location of the nearest DO & join the picket there, if they'll have me.

take your high vis jacket or they'll just think your some kinda weirdo wanting to talk to someone. . . . . they may have a point of course

Well, seeing as you've obviously been there before, can you tell me where the nearest DO is? :nana :nana

23 Jun 2007, 22:09

Take a couple of the sheep down there with you if you hit it off with them. . . . . .

:funneh :funneh :funneh :Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy :nana :nana :nana

You can always tell when a screw, dum or Laurel and Hardy are lying-the lips always move. .

i knew it

23 Jun 2007, 22:40

it's not us the welsh or scots who shag sheep it's you english :Very Happy :Very Happy

23 Jun 2007, 22:43

hey cornish :nana

aint cornwall english last time i looked
but saying that as soon as i leave devon i get lost without sat/nav
so i might be wrong there :crazy:

:cfo :lfo :cfo :lfo

Re: i knew it

23 Jun 2007, 22:50

cornishrep wrote:it's not us the welsh or scots who shag sheep it's you english :Very Happy :Very Happy

It's a good job I ain't English, then innit? I'm only doing my best to intergrate with the local culture - not easy to do when you're an Irishman born in the 33rd County of the Irish Republic :whistle

sorry fellow celt jim

23 Jun 2007, 22:56

sorry fellow celt jim.

gazza we are independent from england. we have the right to call ourselves an ethnic minority---or something like that. :Very Happy

23 Jun 2007, 22:59

Pub all day with a few other posties

23 Jun 2007, 23:01

:Very Happy

hey cornish u sound like one of those guys that are threating to bomb jamie oliver restaurant in cornwall

:funneh bomb the smug git :nana

:nana :lfo :cfo

bomb

23 Jun 2007, 23:04

s**t im rumbled.
boat passport ok im set :Very Happy

Re: bomb

23 Jun 2007, 23:16

cornishrep wrote:s**t im rumbled.
boat passport ok im set :Very Happy

Seeing as the only country that takes immigrants, no questions asked, is England - so might as well jump on your bike & ride into Dorset

ok

23 Jun 2007, 23:28

ok mate are you sure dorset?

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3