not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

strike dates

21 Jun 2007, 19:31

[b[/b]Time for some action !!! :cfo

21 Jun 2007, 20:16

my manager this morning offered to give out his mobile no. to strike breakers who can then ring him and he will pick them up next friday and drive the gutless shites thru the picket line

thinking of giving him a ring to get a lift to the picket line
are all these bloody DOMS fecking brain washed or wot

:lfo :cfo :lfo :cfo :lfo :cfo :lfo :cfo :lfo

21 Jun 2007, 20:19

Good interview by Dave Ward on Channel 4 News as well, let's hope he can get on the main news on BBC1 and ITV as well.
We can expect a barrage of anti-union propaganda in the media and press over the next few days.
Stand together Union Members, do not heed the Bosses lies :lfo :cfo

21 Jun 2007, 21:01

NOW WE HAVE THE FIRST STRIKE ANNOUNCED :nana PERHAPS HINGE & BRACKETT WILL WAKE UP & SMELL THE s**t COMING THEIR WAY :cfo :lfo

21 Jun 2007, 23:09

dave7634 wrote:
arsenalbob wrote:some insomniacs in our office get in one and a quarter to one and a half hours before their time. you just know they will do it the day after a strike. they're taking out 8 hours labour then giving it back over the course of a week. how do you get these assholes to stop this vile practise? should we not have reminders about it on the union boards especially at this crucial time.

When I started in 81 even management were going around and stopping you starting before your time but that was something to do with not being insured. From what I hear it's a different ball game and now I've been told by certain peeps that staff are indeed insured if they choose to start before their time. Shame as this could have been used for this very means.

Correct me if i am wrong people but, they go on what time you sign in now.... so if you sign in at 3am like some numnuts do then you are insured from 3am..... also be aware that the days after the first strike period , the mail will be trickled back into the system during the course of the following week.... thus not giving workers the chance to claim overtime for the backlog.... funny isn't it that if postal workers do this, it would be wilfull delay....but it is fine for managers to do it...... :no no

22 Jun 2007, 12:58

Hey tonytango, :wink: :wink:
Managers have to trickle the mail back into the system in small amounts,
because if they could handle a lot of mail all at once
they would be promoted to a
Walking Postperson!!!
:funneh :funneh :funneh
DUM :lfo & DUMMER :cfo

22 Jun 2007, 13:08

well even after the strike has been announced we still had plebs coming in at 4.30.... 4.40... 05.00.. for 05.30 starts.

22 Jun 2007, 13:21

hoofer wrote:Hey tonytango, :wink: :wink:
Managers have to trickle the mail back into the system in small amounts,
because if they could handle a lot of mail all at once
they would be promoted to a
Walking Postperson!!!
:funneh :funneh :funneh
DUM :lfo & DUMMER :cfo

we cannot have that can we.... i wonder if they would be so kind enough to accept a drop in wage as a result :cool

strike dates

22 Jun 2007, 13:25

Next saturday after strike day its going to be awful, so much mail, in our office if you tell them u wont be working past time they give u a hard time! any ideas? :d'oh!

Re: strike dates

22 Jun 2007, 13:31

madelin4 wrote:Next saturday after strike day its going to be awful, so much mail, in our office if you tell them u wont be working past time they give u a hard time! any ideas? :d'oh!

Docket is voluntary they can't force you to do it. Ok they will put pressure on you but so long as you work to your time and do everything by the book you WILL be ok. They may also get the message we are sending to Adam an Al.

Remember the aftermath of a Strike is almost as important as the Strike itself.

22 Jun 2007, 15:29

What I cant understand is this 3am-3am stupidity. I work on nights so this means that Thurs night I will be working as normal. So, when deliverys are on strike Friday morning I will have to take my vehicle to the do's and be faced with a picket line. I will park up, ask the manager to put his tacho in my vehicle and then drive it over the picket line, NO TACHO = No vehicle!!!!!! If they do not do this, I will be turning around with my load and taking it back to my office.

The consequences of this could be suspension :d'oh!

Friday night however, I will then be on strike. Wouldn't it have made more sense and improved solidarity, if the strike was midnight to midnight and therefore, I would attend work for 2hrs and then walkout at midnight and then return to work the following night at Midnight. At least this way, everyone would be on strike at the same time?

22 Jun 2007, 15:32

Does this help.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/forum/vi ... php?t=1935

22 Jun 2007, 15:32

Good point - would we have to let you cross the picket as you would be following CWU guidance - and would the drivers want to. This needs to be clarified or we may be breaking the solidarity we need to win this one.

22 Jun 2007, 15:42

POSTMAN wrote:Does this help.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/forum/vi ... php?t=1935

i`m bloody confused now. so if we are mid to 0800. we are off on the friday night. have i got that right postman.

22 Jun 2007, 16:27

Had a briefing from our manager today who took the huff cos everybody was looking elsewhere and talking amongst themselves. He likes to think he is one of the boys but obviously not as toys and dummys were flying everywhere.
"next time any of you lot speak to me I will just do the same as you you did to me."

Excuse me but have the adults not just taken part in a democratic ballot and voiced their opinion...so who is not listening to who?

22 Jun 2007, 17:39

kwikpost im in the same boat as you my shift starts 22.15 thursday night--the way ive read it is we work a full shift thursday night,and dont work friday night.on the plus side that means i finish at 06.15 friday morning and will be in my office if any strike breakers turn up for work interesting! :nana

22 Jun 2007, 18:03

It says this so i'm presuming you work your full shift.

Night Shifts – Strike action called for full night on Friday night (full shift to be worked on Thursday night)

But can someone confirm this?

22 Jun 2007, 18:13

ianpostie wrote:kwikpost im in the same boat as you my shift starts 22.15 thursday night--the way ive read it is we work a full shift thursday night,and dont work friday night.on the plus side that means i finish at 06.15 friday morning and will be in my office if any strike breakers turn up for work interesting! :nana

one has already said he`s coming in but he`s not a union memeber.

22 Jun 2007, 18:15

POSTMAN wrote:It say this so i'm presuming you work your full shift.

Night Shifts – Strike action called for full night on Friday night (full shift to be worked on Thursday night)

But can someone confirm this?

haha. comes to something when we cant even find out what night to strike on.

Re: strike dates

22 Jun 2007, 20:28

madelin4 wrote:Next saturday after strike day its going to be awful, so much mail, in our office if you tell them u wont be working past time they give u a hard time! any ideas? :d'oh!

Hi Madelin4, :wave
You work at a steady pace until ur ready to go out, look at the time, look at the volume of
mail you have, & asses if you will have time to complete your dly, bare in mind your M/R
if yes then no prob. If you have to rush or just have'nt enough time to complete you dly then inform your line manager that you may have to bring some back, never tell them you are going to cut off, that can be constrood as a deliberate act not to deliver all the mail ie: wilfull delay. They can not force you to work past your time & if they put unessesary pressure on you then inform your union rep & ask for a bullying & harassment form. never be scared to stand up for yourself you have rights even within R/M. good luck.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3